Chapter 3

Devin's pov

I still need to finish my pending works at the office. I must done it before the deadline ends. My team already work hard on it but without my supervision I know they will not make it right.

I trust them but I don't want to be fooled. Trusting is easy but being fooled by someone you trusted is another story.

Our transactions this year are quite uninteresting. Looking on the previous reports makes me feel disappointing. I need to promote business effectiveness and efficiency while striving for innovation and company organization flexibility.

My goal was to increase our revenues trice this year, improve our processes continuously and fulfill effective and capable of change than a functionally focused. If all are clear, I could truly have a rest and sleep.

If they think being the CEO of this company is so relaxing, do nothing and just wait for the money the company gain, well they are wrong. Being the big boss of this company also carries a big responsibilities. Bigger team to manage, handling bigger works, and bigger problems.

I live my life in sitting at the office, facing trials the company sometimes encountered. Blow my mind observing the outcome in most of our preceding projects, trying my best to make it successful not just to fail.

I almost could not eat, sleep and rest because of too much working. I sometimes missed having fun, do my hobbies, spend time with my family and friends.

I stayed at the office while others are having their day off and holidays. Having those never ending meetings, checking the reports, visiting other branches and establishments. Socializing with people whom I thought could be the future investors in our company. Meeting the other boards, and even the smallest detail I also need to know, regarding the quality of the product, stocks shortage, accounts, my employees and sales market.

I could also felt my body numb, pained, and sometimes weak, but I pretend to be alright, I need to let them see I'm tough and never showed them my weaknesses.

I need to be tougher cause there are lot's of people who rely on me, on this company. My employees are like a family to me, I still need to work hard not just to help the profit increased but also to help those people who are working with me.

If the company will go down and close, what will happen to those people who worked under my business territory. I'm sure they have a family that they need to feed, they have children's to send in school. That's why I could no longer relax, thinking more a strategic plan to improve the company.

Waking early in the morning was a good habit, from the time my father handed me the company I was discipline in a rightful manner. Time is precious, the things you have now might be lost tomorrow or even in a second if you just do nothing and wasted it.

Time management is very important, sometimes I am tired but I need to show them a good example of a leadership. I usually came at the office at 8 o'clock in the morning or sometimes earlier, I really don't want late even to my self. Before going to my office, a good workout routines I need to do first, to maintain my body fit and firmed.

Today I wake up at 5 o'clock in the morning to have my daily routine. I build a basic core program for myself, an exercise that includes a bench press for my chest, squats, push up, dead lift, and shoulder press. I had my own gym with complete equipment's that I could use, but today push up and squats are enough.

While having my push ups, my mind was also planning ahead for the success of our company. My primary goal is to ensure the smooth operation between the businesses.

I must check our production facility today, they need to do their main duties, to revolve around in maintaining the production schedule. I am responsible in assuring a sufficient supply of raw materials needed, as well as enough manpower and working production equipment.