~***~

We parked outside a fancy manor house with grand gardens and fountains. I loved the place but I thought it was a bit showy.

"Jones." My dad told the man at the door as he let us through after ticking the surname off on a list.

As soon as we were inside I realised my mum was right. I felt several eyes on me but I tried to ignore them as my father led us through the groups of people.

"Aah!" He exclaimed finally. "Jacob!" Jacob? That sounded familiar but where did I—

"My, my." A husky voice drew my attention to its owner as my breath hitched. 

Kyle. Of course, Jacob was Kyle's dads name and even though I was hoping that they'd attend, Kyles presence surprised me.

"Don't you look," Kyle's eyes scanned my body up and down his eyes shamelessly lingering on the tight material around my hips and then my chest before drifting back to my own. "Stunning." He sent me a flashy smile revealing his perfectly white teeth.

I felt myself blush. "Not too bad yourself." He was in a light blue flannel shirt with light chinos and dress shoes. As always, he looked like an image from a modelling magazine.

"Right kids, why don't we leave you alone as we go say hello to our other business partners." Jacob, Kyles dad smiled at us, before both Kyles and my parents left us.

"How is it?" Kyle asked.

I looked at him confused. "How's what?"

His eyes focused on my left hip. "The tattoo."

"Oh yeah, it's alright. I'm so paranoid I keep in cleaning it." I laughed.

Kyle joined in. "Typical princess."

"How's yours?" I asked.

He smirked. "I forgot I even got it."

"Lies."

"Come on, let's get a drink." He grabbed my hand and at the touch of his skin my heart skipped a beat. Before I knew it, we were standing in front of a little glass table that held bottles of wine, champagne and other drinks.

I looked at him not knowing whether this was a good idea. But then I thought about it, you only live once right?

He looked at me, a suggestive smirk.

"You take one I take the other." I ordered looking around and tucking a bottle of red wine under my arm covering it with my bag. I heard him chuckle before he took my hand again and dragged me out the back door of the mansion into the garden.