"We know, we met her during your battle." replied Gary.

"Ah, I see. I think you will fit in quite well with the group Mallow!" said Ash. Mallow smiled and nodded.

Serena watched from the side. She had a slightly worried and upset face as she watched Ash converse with his former travelling companions. It seemed like they all know Ash really well and although she hated admitting it, she was jealous. To Serena, Ash seemed like an amazing person. She had never seen anyone like Ash before. She wanted to get to know Ash better than anybody else. She watched as Ash smiled and laughed while interacting with all his friends.

"So, tell me Ash, how did you become so strong? It was not too long ago that you lost in the Kalos League." stated Clemont.

"Well, I trained really hard while I was in Alola. I spent most of my years there travelling by myself and challenging very strong opponents while trying to understand my Pokemon. Alola is no joke either. It is full of some of the strongest trainers I have ever seen and I think that going to Alola has been one of the best decisions I have ever made." replied Ash.

"Alola does have leagues right? did you challenge the league there?" asked Dawn

"Well, when I first arrived in Alola, it didn't have a league. I spent my first year in Alola attending school, studying about Pokemon types, advantages, abilities etc. That's where I met Mallow. The teacher was Prof. Kukui. Prof. Kukui is the professor of the Alola region... sort of like what Prof. Oak is to Kanto and Prof. Sycamore is to Kalos. I used to train with my Pokemon everyday after school. Naturally, but the end of the school year, my Pokemon were very strong. I then decided to go on a journey. About 4 months after I started my journey, Prof. Kukui called me and asked me to come back to the school for an important meeting. When I got there, I was surprised to see Charles Goodshow there."

Ash was cut off by Barry. "Charles Goodshow!? You mean the President of the Pokemon League!?"

Ash replied to Barry's sudden interruption.

"Yeah, that Charles Goodshow, Barry. I have met him before in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. Turns out he wanted to set up a Pokemon League in Alola with the help of me and Prof. Kukui. Within a month's time, we had picked the 16 gyms and gym leaders and they were officially declared open. You only needed 8 badges to enter the league, however, we thought having 16 gyms would give the trainers a choice and it would also give the gym leaders some time to rest. I started challenging them, although I have to admit, travelling by yourself makes you feel quite lonely. I still had my Pokemon but human company was something I missed. Eventually though, I ended up collecting all 8 badges and got to enter the league." Ash stopped right there as he didn't want anybody to know that he was the Alolan Champion. He wanted to be treated normally. Mallow, however, had a different idea.

"Continue Ash, tell them what happened in the League." said Mallow.

As soon as Mallow said that, Ash started feeling uncomfortable. All of Ash friends noticed this and guessed that Ash must have lost quite badly. After all, Ash never hesitated in mentioning his league position.

Ash too thought about it a little. After all, these were Ash friends. Apart from Serena, Ash knew everybody else pretty well and knew that they were nice people that he could trust. Ash was contemplation on whether or not to continue with his story when Gary suddenly spoke up.

"It's OK man. If you don't want to talk about it, we won't force you to."

this bought a smile to Ash's face. That statement showed that Gary cared about Ash... and so did all of his other friends... and Ash knew that. He made his decision and started speaking up again.