When Worlds Collide - Chapter Four

Start from the beginning

"What do you want Lucas?" I sighed as Harvey's best friend smirked at me.

"So I hear you like showing men pleasure now. Help a brother out and pleasure me and Harvey and all will be forgiven. You can sit with us again and the girls will back away from Harvey."

"Umm, let's see... I'd rather shoot my brains out than ever deal with you losers again."

"Who the hell are you calling losers? You freaking tutor people nerd." He looked as angry as Harvey did this morning.

"I've tutored you asshole." I picked up my tray and headed inside. Thankfully I had a free period and normally I'd tutor. I just wasn't in the mood so I stayed in an empty class room texting Ben. I smiled as he said he would pick me up from school to go surfing.

All I had to do now was survive calculus.

****

"He's hot." Tina smiled as I nodded to Ben. We had become friendly over the last few lessons.

"Oh I know." I smiled back. "See you tomorrow Tina." I waved as I skipped towards Ben. Heading past the girls I stuck two fingers up to them. As I reached Ben I jumped in his arms and kissed him. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. "Hey handsome. Let's get surfing."

"Mm can I pick you up everyday for this greeting?" He whispered in my ear. "I think we'll need to wait before we meet the others." He smirked. I could feel his erection, knowing what he meant.

"Fuck them take me to yours." I smirked back with a sexy wink. Gently he put me down and held my hand as I got in the car. We sped down the streets of Riverside until we reached his bedroom.

****

"Do you have any idea how worried we were? We almost called the police!" My mother screamed in my face when I finally walked through the door that night.

"Almost, mother. That's what's wrong with you as a parent. You almost called the cops." I dropped my bag on the floor and headed to my room.

"Where the hell were you last night Brooke?" She screamed as she followed me.

"With Ben, mom. Having fun. Like a normal teenage girl."

"He's a dog honey. And a stray one at that!" That's the last time I heard my mom speak to me... For a long time. After that I took a bath. Thinking what I could do. I called Ben from the privacy of my locked bedroom and he didn't even try to talk me out of it.

I threw what I could in my sports bag and sat at my desk.

'Mom, Dad and Josh..

I love you all so very much but I just can't take it here anymore. All this crap about Harvey and the two of us is too much for me to take. Mom you've made your opinions on Ben and I disagree. He loves me too and I hope in time you'll accept that. I just want you to know I'll be fine where I'm going, I'll be with Ben. Mom, please don't cry I'll be alright.

Josh you were right. I need a guy like Ben. Hot, with a hint of badass :) Good luck on Friday, sorry I'll miss the game. Give my love to Janae.

I'll be in touch,

Brooke xxx'

I placed the letter in an envelope and left it under my pillow. The next morning everyone was gone. I sat at the breakfast table eating alone in my home for the last time. The letter lay where I knew it would be found.

****

"Oh no, you're off the squad." Katy said as we stood next to each other at our lockers at the end of the day. "Don't even think of coming to practice."

"Please, I wouldn't cheer with you fake bitches. I thought we were friends but obviouslpy not. Friends don't do what she did." I slammed my locker shut. "Have a good life Kat, see you around one day."

I took my study guides back to the library tutor center and handed over my keys. "Its just a little break Lilly, I need to get my head clear." The librarian smiled sympathetically. She obviously knew about the thing with Harvey.

When I walked outside, I slipped my raybans over my eyes, noticing the girls staring at Ben. I scoffed as I headed over to him. I threw my bag in the back of his car and kissed him. He smiled as he opened the car door for me. I waved and blew a kiss to my former friends as we left the parking lot.