#8

As I walk out of my second period I'm snatched and dragged into an empty room.

I narrow my eyes at the boys.

"What do you guys think you're doing-Wren! Oh my gosh, your face." I gasp staring the bruise on his jaw and eye. "Another time! Listen, we have to get you in on this!" He said excitedly. I blink, stunned with all this.

"W-with what? The bells about to ring." I look to Harley and Caden to see if they've been hurt too. They smile at me, Harley ruffling my hair. "We're alright, Shortcake." I slowly nod. "We need you to make Octavius fall in love with you." My jaw drops.

"A-are you intoxicated right now?" I say lowly. Harley chuckled. "No we are not, ma'am. We've come up with this plan two summers ago when you came back." I press my hand to my forehead. "S-so that's the only reason why you became friends with me?" My voice cracked and my chest ached.

Their eyes widen and they all opened and closed their mouths.

"Angie-" I shake my head. "Don't...that's the only reason why you put up with me. I have to go." Tears blurred my vision, I knew I couldn't get friends on my own. I walked out of the empty class and rushed to my class.

I took a seat, wiping away at the tears that fell.

After successfully avoiding everyone I made it to work, getting ready in the bathroom like usual I walk out to the front. My mother wasn't here today since she and dad have their anniversary today, so it was just me and one other worker. A worker I absolutely despise. I look around to see him working far away from me.

I let my shoulder relax, I smile as a customer comes in view. The old man, Mr. Nelson was a regular, even when he shouldn't be.

"Hello, dear. Can I get my regular please, and can you hurry a little bit. My daughter is probably on her way over here." I laugh and nod my head. "Sure thing, Mr. Nelson." I grab a little bag and place the three cookies inside and grab a cup pouring hot chocolate inside. I secure the cup with its lid and hand it to him. "Are you sure you're allowed to eat this, Nr. Nelson?"

I ask as he hands me the money. He waves me off.

"Bah, I'm gonna die anyway. Keep this between you and me, sweetheart!" I giggled and waved bye to the man.

Ten minutes later his daughter burst through the door. Julian was quite the fitness guru. "Here?" I shake my head no, she grunts and runs away.

I let out a breath and start making a fresh batch of brownies. As I sway my hips to the music, but my freedom was short lived as grimy hands gripped my waist, pulling me against him. "Hmm, who knew the prude can dance like that." I whirl around, uncomfortable.

"Get away from me, Dominic." I tell him, trying to push him away from me.

"See, prude. This is why you'll never have a boyfriend. Loosen up, Angel. Come on, once I'm the first people will follow." He tries to close in on me, his one hand gripping my two wrist in place behind my back.

Tears sting my eyes.

I kick at his ankle, I flinch as he raised his hand to hit me but the hit never comes. I watch with wide eyes as Octavius slams Dominic's head into the kitchens sink. "I suggest you never touch my girl before I cut them off and shove them up your ass." Dominic stumbled up on his feet.

He scoffs, trying to hide his fear.

"Well, if it isn't Ghost." Ghost? Is that his nickname or something? They know each other?

Octavius clenched his fist at the sound of the nickname. His eyes shot down to mine, he nodded his head towards his side. Beckoning me to move next to him. I followed his directions, he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me as close to him as he could. He squeezed my hip reassuringly. I leaned into him, taking in his scent.