#1

Junior year

"Shit man! We're already Juniors! Can you believe that, Tavi-" He sent a solid punch to the side of my back.

I groaned, rubbing the spot where he hit.

He gave me a look and I chuckled knowing what he was trying to say. "Okay, okay. No more Tavi." He rolls his eyes as I grin and let out a sigh while stretching my arms. "We are no longer fresh-" I furrow my eyebrows when Octavius stops causing me to bump into his shoulder.

I look at his face and I'm shocked when I see it not in it's normal "I fucking hate all of you and I want to kill you" look.

It's pure shock and joy? Happiness? I quickly look to where he's looking. "Oh! Well if it isn't Miss Angel Lane herself! Do you remember me sweetheart!" Mrs. Bradshaw said loudly, her heavy country accent lingering through the halls.

"Of course I do, Mrs. B." A soft voice said, I could barely hear it.

"Look at you! Still so short! And with your curls and pretty big grey eyes!" Mrs. Bradshaw didn't hesitate as she touched the girls dark curly hair.

"Ah shoot, the bells about to ring let me get you your schedule doll. But I expect a visit! Oh and I'd have to tell ya about my nephew Kevin! He's sure to be a big hit on the football team! He's already in varsity, I'm proud of that boy." I rolled my eyes while Octavius seemed to imagine crushing Kevin's skull.

"I will Mrs. B. Thank you, I'm glad you remembered me, I missed you." Mrs. Bradshaw blushed and cooed, pinching the short girls cheek.

The girl sure was dressed weird, with bright yellow low top vans jeans that seemed too big for her cuffed and tied together with a belt, and a band tee tucked inside.

Just as the girl turned to face us someone stood in front of us, blocking the small girl from our view. This girl was smaller than most of the new freshman. "Get out of my fucking way!" Octavius bellowed making the hallway part like the Red Sea. Octavius was huge for his age, not like he was chubby no he was tall and muscular.

Maybe because he was held back a grade.

The girl was looking down at her schedule as she started walking towards us. Octavius held his breath and I held down my smirk. When she looked up both Octavius and I were blown away with the nerd.

She was cute! Instantly I remember her from elementary and middle school.

Yet she looked past us, as if we weren't there..."What the hell." I whisper. Octavius grabs me, turns around and follows her like the stalker he is.

Durning the whole year that's all he did, even with some of the hottest girls on his lap.

He watched her from afar and I thought he was getting better but in fact he was getting worse. It was as if he needed her to be his actual girl for him to be 100% okay.

Summer

"We have to do something about Octavius. He's gotten better...but worse? If that makes any sense, he's been sleeping with a lot of girls, drinking, smoking weed more." I listen to Harley's speech, and look up.

Caden and Harley look to me as if smell the smirk on my face and the plan bubbling in my head.

"Angel Lane." They furrow their eyebrows. "Who the hell is that?" I stand up grabbing some old yearbooks. I open the one from elementary, middle school, and then this years. "Her." I say pointing at all three pictures. The boys nod, pleased with her looks.

"What about her?" Caden asks.

"She," I pause looking at them. "Is Octavius's one and only happiness. I did the research, he stopped beating kids up for no reason during the fourth grade. Until seventh grade he totally got depressed, remember?" I ask and the boys nod their heads.

I point to her.

"She left during seventh grade. She's back, Octavius is being weird with his emotions. Octavius is capable of emotions because of her." Harley smirks.

"What do we do?" I folded my hands together and lean back in my chair.

"We plan. Obviously, we have to see if he's the protective, jealous, possessive type. If so-" Caden interjects. "It'll be super easy." I smile and snap my fingers.

"Project Defrost Octavius's heart!"