#3

I put on my work clothes, which consists of a skirt, a shirt/sweater, and of course socks and shoes.

I don't understand why my boss, aka my mother, wants me to wear a skirt. She says and I quote, "It goes with the aesthetic!" I think she just wants me to wear skirts more often. The skirt was a dark green with blue, yellow and red stripes.

I wore a thin sweatshirt, tucking it in a bit.

Sadly I couldn't find my stockings, so I was just going bare legged. I put my hair up into a bun to keep the soft curls away from my face.

My mom smiled at me as I walked out of the bathroom. She pinched my cheeks, "How was your day, Angel Cake?" I smiled. "Same old same old. But this time I-sort of-made some friends!" I say excitedly. I watch as my moms warm whiskey colored eyes widen, she pulls me in a hug. "See, honey. I told you that would happen." I smile, my cheeks burning.

"Hey, you go talk to the customers and hand them their orders." My eyes widen.

"Momma-" I hated talking to the customers, I hated to interrupt them when they're talking or working, especially when they're reading a book.

"Ah, ah, ah. Here, take this fresh cup of coffee to the bean bag center." I nod my head and take the cup carefully. My mom owned this bakery shop, it's pretty popular with the high school and college kids. They usually come here to study and hang out with her other. And don't get me started about the couples.

We have a half of the store where the students usually go to while the other half is the 'lovers corner' where we allow the couples to write their initials with chalk on our brick walls. While the students usually write cheesy jokes on their side of the wall.

Sighing and standing up straight I walk to the  girl, she seemed to be a college student.

Shakily I walked up to her pouring the hot liquid in her mug. She looks up and grins at me, "Thank you." She said happily, gulping up the hot contents as if it didn't burn. Like she was used to it.

"M-more?" She looked at me with wide eyes and nodded her head quickly. I smiled and poured her more.

I walked back to the countertop, my mom handing me more things to pass out.

I handed it to the people they needed to go, all of them were nice, kinder than I could imagine. After all that was settled I went behind the countertop, while mom went back to the kitchen cooking up more muffins.

I looked up as the little bell on the door rang.

I smiled as I saw Wren, Caden, and Harley. They returned the smile and waved. They walked up, looking around in aw. "This place is so fucking cool. I've seen it around when me and the guys would walk around the pier." Harley says looking around.

"Do you guys want anything? Smoothie, fruit bowl, muffins, pie slice, hot coco, just about anything." I say softly.

"Ooo! I heard this place serves bomb ass cookies." I choke. "Y-yes we do." I say sulky.

"We'll take ten of those and milk chocolate. All types." Wren says, he nudges Caden making Caden groan and pull out his wallet. Just as I was about to take the money my mom burst through the door. Uh-oh.

"Angel Lane! Are these your friends you were talking about." The boys grinned as my mom said friends.

I blushed, they probably think I'm weird for talking about them to my mother.

I shyly nod my head and mom swats Caden's hand away. "Put that money back in your pocket. It's on the house, since you're a friend of my Angel Cake and a new customer!" The boys cheer. "Alright, boys. Take a seat wherever you want. Angel will be out with your cookies in a second." They nod and walk around to find a spot.

Mom sends me a wink and walks back into the back.

I giggle and shake my head, grabbing each type of cookie there is and placing it in a plate. I fill three cups with the best chocolate milk ever, honestly it's so good I drink it everyday.

I balance everything on a platter and look around to find the boys.

I spot them with another. Yet his massive back is faced towards me. I blink, I've never seen him here before? When did he even come in? As I move closer I see the boys with a nervous look in their eyes, yet they still had a smirk. I can hear harsh whispers as I come closer.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing here? Leave, leave before she fucking comes." The unknown says.

"We can't! She invited us." Wren said, did I?

He's such a good liar I can't even remember.

"You're shitting me. She doesn't even know who you are you fucking id-" He stops talking as if he senses me. I bite the inside of my cheek and place the plate of cookies down, I hand each of the guys their drinks. I open my mouth and turn to the guy but he stands up and leaves without another word or even a single glance. My heart clenched with sadness. My feelings hurt by his coldness.

"That," Harley said. "Is Octavius." Wren and Caden said together.

I sighed. "He doesn't like me." Wren and the boys looked at each other.

Wren looked at me with a smirk. "He's just a tough nut to crack, is all." He said cheekily. I laugh a little. "Sure."

_____________________________
Oh, Octavius isn't as eager. Any guesses why?