#7

"T-thank you for eating dinner with me." Octavius smirked, leaning against the door frame. "Of course, what do friends do." I held down my smile. "Friends?" I say letting the smile take over my face. "Yeah. Why do you want to be something more, Angel Face." My face redden. "I-" He chuckled, I puffed out my cheeks shaking my head at him.

"I'll see you later."

I slam my head against the my locker door, whimpering at the pain. Bad idea, but at least I'm not thinking of what happened two nights ago. Someone I'm thinking of someone I've been hiding from for two days.

Wren.

At the thought of him I quickly grab my things and lock my locker. I practically run to my first period, timidly looking around. I let out a breath, I'm safe.

Wren pops up just about anywhere. I was walking to the restroom and there he was trying to walk into the bathroom with me. I tried to tell him that it wouldn't be good if a girl or teacher found him in there which he responded with.

"Why can't I go with you? Don't best friends do that? That's what I do with the boys."

I blink. "Well, I wouldn't really know but...You can't, even if your best friends a girl and your a boy. You're a boy, not a girl Wren."

Wren huffed. "Don't assume my gender, Angel." I suddenly feel guilty, it is the 20th century. "I'm so sorry, Wren. I didn't know you felt-" Wren gasped.

"I was just fucking around, Angel! I'm all man! I am a manly man! All man! I drink beer and watch football everyday!"

"Can't women do the same?" I ask a little confused. Wren face palms. "Just-just go use the bathroom, Angie."

The periods seem to drag on as I try to sneak around. Finally lunch hits the hour, I tip toe around the hallways. A slow smile of victory taking my lips, I grin. I think a celebratory skip is allowed. Even if skipping is as deadly as peanut butter to me, I shall do it just this once. But who cares! This is a skip of celebration-smack!

I stay still, my face still in the ground.

I pray that my glasses aren't broken. I think about the decision I just made that caused me this pain.

"N-no more skipping. I think I cracked my tooth..." I whimpered to myself. As silence follows, I roll over to my back, ready to stand up. But hands wrap around my ankles, I let out a shriek as the hooded person starts dragging me to a room across the hall.

"I got her! I got her!" I recognized Caden's voice.

"Caden-Caden! Let me g-AH!" I screamed when he pulled me into the detention room. I latched into the door, Caden tugged on me hard pulling me all the way into the detention room. The door is closed and locked, Harley then guarding it. I let out a huff and sit up, looking up to see Wren shaking his head as he sniffles.

"I can't believe you've been trying to ignore me, Angie. Your own best friend." My shoulder slump.

"I'm sorry, Wren. But I had to finish my essay, look! I got a hundred percent see." I show him the papers.

He scoffed, looking hurt as he looks away from me. "I'm hurt, I know you only use us when Octavius is around but-" I gasp loudly, standing up I hug Wren. "No, no. It's nothing like that." Caden and Harley come in the hug to and I hug them just the same.

Wren sniffles. "I don't believe you." I pouted and looked to Harley and Caden for help.

"Well, what do you want me to do. I'll do anything." I didn't want to lose my friends that I literally just got.

Wren wiped away a tear, "Really?" I nodded. "Okay."

"Welcome to my humble abode." Wren said, I look around the massive home in awe. He lived in a actually mansion. "Your house has three stories?!" I gasped, Wren nodded with a unamused look. He pulled me along by my hand.

I frown noticing his sad face.

"You don't like it." I say matter-of-factly. He gives me a smirk and shrugs. "Nah, not really. It's too big, and empty. Always quite." He tells me as we settle into the large living room. I nod my head, he was lonely. I smile and plop down on the couch. "Welp, in here now. And I'm quite loud when I get comfortable." Wren laughs at that as if he doesn't believe me.

"Yeah right, Angie. Your voice is so soft, I didn't think you could even scream until earlier."

"How can you hate little animals." I scream, shaking Wren's shoulders. He's laughing, holding his stomach as he does. "Because! There all dirty and stink, and just creepy." I shake my head. "What about little red pandas." Wren playfully rolls his eyes.

"Especially those! They're basically raccoons!" I gasp rolling away from him. "How heartless." We calmed down, I still giggled as Wren messily painted my nails. "Where's your little sister?" I asked, he continued to paint as he said quickly. "Cheer practice." He muttered focused on my nails.

"Oh, that's so cool. I always wondered how they did those flips in the air." His head snapped up and he smirked, my eyes widened. "Wren, no-" I was too late.

"Alright, Angie! All you need to do is relax!" I let out a squeal as I looked down. I was high up off the ground on Wren's shoulders.

"How the heck am I supposed to flip?!" I screamed. "If I flip and crack my head open what are you going to do?!" Wren just laughed, I stretched my lips out as I stood up on his shoulders. "Am I hurting you?" I ask nervously. "Pfft, no. I carry my sister and her friends all the time when they practice." He says with a pride smile.

"Okay, okay." I say as I try to balance myself.

"Now! Jump!" I try but I just fall right onto his shoulder.

I scream, gripping onto his face, trying not to fall. Wren's laughing hysterically, a knock at the door has us walking to it, it was probably Harley and Caden. They said they would come later with some food. Wren still has me piggy back style on his shoulders as he opens the door.

"Finally you guys-Octavius!" My face flushes as I see Octavius glaring, his hands curled up into a fist. His jaw clenched tight and his eyes dilating.

Octavius hasn't been in school since we had dinner together. I haven't heard a single word from him since.

An awkward silence falls over us, I slip off Wren's shoulder. "I-I-uh-have to go..." I grab all my stuff and book it out of there. I brush past Octavius, I had a strong feeling that he would not let this go, and I was kinda scared about it.

How Wren and Angel's little play date went, how'd you guys like this chapter? Leave a comment and a vote on the way out my lovely little love bugs!