#2

Senior year//Angels pov

I yawn, my eyes tearing up and my body slumping as I walk into the gates of my high school.

I was a senior, I couldn't believe it.

"Good morning freshman! Please head over this way so you could get your schedule for the semester." A student in Student Council said with a large smile on her face. I couldn't help but smile too. "Oh, no. I'm a senior." She laughs, in my face.

"You will be soon! Now come on! I'll walk with you." Not again! I slip out of her hold and go to my designated schedule place. Mrs. Bradshaw grins at me and starts ranting about how delicious my moms baked goods are and how happy she was for me to visit her during Summer and help out with her animals.

"You're the sweetest thing, Angel! I hope you visit Puffy soon, he misses you." I giggle, Puffy was Mrs. Bradshaw's very fat cat.

"I promise I will, Mrs. B." She pinched my cheek and handed me my schedule. I waved goodbye to the nice lady as I walked to my first class.

I take a glance at what classes I have, I bite my lip lightly as I hope for the best for this a school year. This is my last high school year, maybe I'll go to one of the school dances for the first time. I giggle to myself, yeah right. I head over to my locker number, trying to find it on the bottom layer. 215...215 I think in my head, I pause face palming as I look up and see the locker way out of my reach.

I look around to see if I can find a nice looking tall person, yet no such luck.

I try jumping up and grabbing at the locker to try and swing it open but all in catching is air. I try to do this while no one is here, I probably look like an idiot.

I blush as I start hearing chuckling around me, I groan. It won't be that bad holding five huge textbooks in my backpack. Including notebooks, and my binders. I puff out my cheeks and try one more time, I open some of the other lockers and start to climb them, I'm lucky that some people haven't moved into these lockers yet.

Mostly everyone is talking and catching up with friends.

I sighed, wishing I had some school friends. At least I had friends yet they were older and I'm pretty sure Leo is going to propose soon, very soon. Probably after their done with college.

I smiled at the thought and finally reached my locker. I expertly put my textbooks inside, being short means that you're an expert climber. It's a fact. But, some short people don't have my clumsiness.

As I slowly try to climb down I slip, falling down and landing on my backpack.

I groan, I try to get up but my backpack is still weighing me down. So I basically look like a turtle on its back trying to get up. "Eh-someone-please help." I mumble huffing and puffing as I try to get up before anyone can see me. I freeze as I see black converse stop at my face. I look up to see Jack Quintin himself. He shakes his head.

"This is why the jocks make fun of us still." He grabs my hand and pulls me off the ground.

I smile shyly, "Thanks-" He leaves before I can say anything. "I will beat you this year, Angel Lane!" I playfully roll my eyes. Jack Quintin wasn't really a friend nor was he an enemy. He was something in between. I clean my glasses and put them back on. I glance once more at my schedule and walk to my first class.

Class is class and soon enough I'm at lunch.

I sit by myself, alone in a little bench against a large tree. I hum to myself, one earphone plugged into my ear while I bite into my chicken wrap. I flip a page of my book, my chin on my knee as I read the page.

"Guys! I found her!" I ignored the loud yell and closed my book getting excited to read it later tonight.

I push a curl away and pull out my iPod skipping to another song. "I-is that a IPod? They still make those?" I jump and turn around to see three boys. One with shaggy blonde hair, one short with a slightly shaved head, and one tall brown haired blue eyed kid. I look around, yet I'm the only one here and the only one with an iPod in my hand.

I put down my chicken wrap and stare at the boys with curiosity.

The one with brown hair and blue eyes stands in the middle, he wears a prideful smirk. He speaks up first, "Angel Lane, I'm sure you know who I am-" I shake my head nervously, shy to interrupt him. "No, I'm sorry. Should I?" Maybe he's someone popular? I wasn't very good with names, I actually don't know anyone's name here other than Mrs. Bradshaw, my teachers, and Jack Quintin.

His jaw drops. He opens and closes it and he's looking at his friends with wide eyes.

The short one rolled his eyes. "Don't mind him. I'm Cadence, but you can call me Caden. That's Harley, and Wren who thinks everyone should know him because he's a quote badboy." I look at Wren, he doesn't seem like a bad boy.

"Nice to meet you guys. Do you need help with homework or something?" That was quick, and it's only the first day. Harley laughs, he pushes back his shoulder length blonde hair back with his fingers.

"Maybe later, for Wren and Caden, but no." Wren seemed to have sobered up from sulking.

He cleared his throat. "Angel, we want you to be our friend." I gasped, peering up at them shyly. "Really? A-are you sure?" They cooed the short one pulled me into his chest. "I wanna keep her! Screw Octavius." I blushed and awkwardly patted his back. Harley chuckled and pinched my cheeks, Wren shove them out the way.

"Let's hang after school, you can come over to my house?" Wren said, I shook my head with a sad smile.

"I can't, I have to work." I say shrugging my shoulders with a pout. Wren ruffled my hair, "Give me your phone." I furrow my eyebrows. "I don't have one." Wren face palms and Harley asks me if I'm secretly an old woman.

"Well I don't really need one...when I get home I just use my house phone." I explain to them. "People still have those?!" Caden yells. I laugh and nod my head.

"Okay, okay. Where do you work?" Wren asked. "Jamie's Bakiery." I say proudly. The boys smile, "We'll be there."

__________________________
Our boy Octavius is going to be on the next chapter ;)