Island Getaway Pt 2

Start from the beginning

He smiled upon seeing me. "We had all these photos of you in our home and to see you is like a picture coming to life."

"Do you want to talk or..." Jussie asked me.

"Uhh..." I couldn't formulate words.

I heard Brandon's loud mouth down the hall.

"Just like a nigga strolling in here like he really did something. Talking about I'm proud of my daughter, bitch your black rolling stone sperm donor ass don't get to be proud. I helped her get these coins not you bitch and you ain't gon collect shit." He screamed over the bannister where the whole crowd could hear.

The way the hotel was made, it was like a circle and the center was open.

Kia and B walked toward me

Kia and B walked toward me. "Girl, don't let that nigga ruined this moment. We earned this. We prostituted the Carolina Panther, nobody else."

Kia tried to hide her laugh. "B stop. This is serious."

"No this is serious, who are you and why are you in front of my man and child's door?" Brandon looked at Trevante up and down.

"Uh...no disrespect I came to talk to Kenya."

"About what?" He cocked his head to the side. "We don't know you and you have not been verified. Kia he play for the Panthers?"

"No."

"Okay then whose mans is this? Whose mans is this?" Brandon yelled over the balcony.

Kia pulled him back and hit him.

"Maybe I should come back." He was about to leave.

"No, what do you want with Kenya she has a man. I have a man and so does Kia."

"B he's my brother." I finally interjected.

"What you talking about brother? Did he come from Ms. Morris?"

"No."

"Then he ain't a brother. You and your dead beat daddy can step." Brandon waved bye, bye to him.

"Baby." Odell was walking down the hall.

"Oh my God." I rolled my eyes and started walking down the hall. O ran up to me and pulled me into the little room with the ice and vending machines.

"Kenya we have been together almost 5 years. You know me in and out. You know every decision I make baby, I make with you in mind. I would never do anything to hurt you or Mama Morris. I know what yall went through. Don't forget I was there for some of it. Just give him a full conversation and if you don't want anymore contact fine. But we need this. You need it. If we gon move forward. The effects of what he did will never leave if you don't have closure. And get to know your brother if nothing else. He a cool dude. Smart just like you. Just trust me baby. I never steered you wrong in our entire relationship, I wouldn't do that now." He looked in my eyes and placed his forehead on mine. "Sorry if I hurt you, I just wanted it to be a surprise."

I sighed. "I don't feel like dealing with him today."

"And you don't have to." He kissed my forehead and led me out holding my hand.

Odell POV-

"I wanna thank y'all for coming out here to celebrate Kenya. She had a dream about revolutionizing products for people of color and next week will began that with her being in every Target in America."

The crowd cheered.

"I'll never forget being this young cocky freshman at LSU thinking everyone should fall at my feet. Well one girl didn't. And I couldn't understand it. I was sexy, I mean my body was right. I was the number 1 receiver in the country."

"You mean 2." Juice yelled.

The crowd laughed.

"Never that bro." I laughed. "And on top of that I was Odell Cornelius Beckham Jr. But it meant nothing to this brainiac from Fayetteville, North Carolina. And through the years she grew me and matured me as her bestfriend, until the ultimate connector my boy B, convinced her to give me a chance. We've been through everything together. From me being injured thinking, I'd never play. To her mom's death. To shit, that only her and I know."

"Tell me about it." B mumbled

"And yeah B helped us through most if not all of it. My mother told me in college to write down the things I want. Their like prayers. And i wrote I wanted to marry someone like K. God didn't answer that prayer because he didn't give me someone like K, he gave me her. And as B would say, before that product hit shelves I want to secure my corporate checks." I got on one knee in front of K.

The crowd laughed.

Brandon handed me a box. I opened it. "Baby at 12 tomorrow will you marry me?"

K looked stunned..."But I..."

"B was only there to know what you wanted so I could get it. And on top of that I wanted to do it early so you can solely focus on your launch. You deserve that, you worked for it. So will you?"

She pulled out the dress out the box.

"O its beautiful. Of course baby."

I got up and she hugged me tight.

I got my baby and finally, I get my wedding. Ya boy is blessed. 😉

If you haven't seen the giants mannequin challenge you should. Check either youtube or Instagram. And boy look at sterling body in
The video.