Chapter 12- Help!

Chapter 12

February 15th

Joey’s POV

Shane’s screams woke me up.  

“ARGH! WHAT THE FUCK?! LISA! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” I heard him shout, and Lisa say something back. I couldn't tell what it was though.

“COFFEE WOULD HAVE WORKED TOO!!!” He yelled again, and I couldn't help but laughing. Lisa probably pulled off his blankets or dumped water on him. I knew how lazy he was... Never wanted to get up.

I checked my clock and it read 10:07 AM. I decided to get up. Before going down to get breakfast and figure out what to do today, I took a quick shower and styled my hair upwards. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and decided I needed something different. A new hair style, maybe? I walked back to my desk, then sat down and looked up the number for my hair salon. Once I found it, I called up.

“Hello, Sports Clips, how may I help you?” The lady on the other end answered.

“Hi, yeah, my name is Joey Graceffa? I got my hair cut here about a month ago?”

“Aw yes, Mr. Graceffa. Did your hair really grow that fast?” She laughed.

“Haha, no! I would like to get my hair dyed. What is your soonest available time slot?” I asked.

“Hmm... We have a 2 hour time slot today, in... Oh, an hour and a half, at 12 on the dot. Would you like that? After that, we don't have an available spot for a month.”

“Yes, please! That’s perfect timing! Thank you!”

“Alright, thank you, Mr. Graceffa! Goodbye.”

“Bye!” I hung up, smiling. I was glad they had an appointment so soon, I needed a new style. I already knew what I wanted.

I finished up in my room and walked out to the kitchen. Just as I entered the kitchen area, I saw the edge of Shane’s coat whip around the door, then the door closed.

He must be going somewhere with Lisa. I thought.

I made a bowl of cereal, then sat down  with my cereal and scanned the newspaper, which was already on the table. There was a fire at someone’s house in downtown, a break-in at some shoe store, and a stolen car. Nothing too interesting or abnormal. I finished my cereal, then rinsed my bowl and put it into the dishwasher. I checked my watch, which read 11:09.

"I ought to go..." I thought to myself, then grabbed my jacket, keys, phone, vlogging camera, and wallet.

"Oh, shit! I forgot... I don't have Satsuki with me!" I thought. I’ll have to call a taxi... Hope they get here soon! I went back inside and looked up the taxi number, then dialed.

“Hello, Yellow Cab Service, how can I help you?” A female voice came across.

“Hi! I need a cab as fast as you can. I forgot my car at home and I moved, and I have a hair appointment in an hour... Long story. When is the soonest you can get me a cab?” I asked.

“Where are you at?” She asked.

I gave her the address.

“Lucky you! We have a cab a few minutes away that just dropped off its passenger. I can have it there in about five minutes.”

“Oh, thank you!” I let out the breath of air I didn’t realize I was holding.

“Of course, Mr...?”