Chapter 2- Proposal

Chapter 2

February 14th

Shane’s POV

The excitement was starting to kill me. It was 1:53, and Joey would be here to help me set up soon. “I can't believe I’m proposing! Who would have thought?” I checked one last time to make sure I had everything I needed to set up with Joey's help. I looked at my list.

Things I need for Proposing:

Camera (duh)

Flower petal trail

Flower petal writing- “I love you Lisa”

Soft music, Lana Del Rey- “Blue Jeans”

Candles- Red, white, pink.

RING- DO NOT FORGET TO PICK UP FROM JEWELERS AT 2:30!!!!!

Cake

SMILE

Nice clothes- blazer, clean jeans, and tie.

    I realized that I forgot to put on my nicer clothes, and ran to put them on. Just as I was pulling on clean boxers, the doorbell rang. “Shit! That must be Joey.” I thought.

    “Come in! The doors unlocked!” I yelled to Joey. I heard my front door open and then close. I quickly pulled on my nicest jeans, and as I was buttoning them, I saw a flash of color in front of me. I looked up only to see a really embarrassed-looking Joey Graceffa in front of me.

    “Holy crap, Shane, ah shit I’m so sorry! Agh!” Joey stuttered.

    “Hey man, it’s alright. We’re friends, right?” I smiled at him. It had been a few months since I’d seen him, and frankly, I think that he had been avoiding me since that kiss... I have no idea why though! After the kiss had been over I explained to him that it was a Dare the Dawson for YouTube. Still, even then, he has been really awkward since then...

   “It’s not like he’s gay or anything... Right?” I thought to myself. “Of course he isn't, he would have told me.” I reassured myself. As much as I love Lisa, I knew ever since that kiss that I was bisexual. Not gay, I still liked girls, but I knew that I was in love with Joey.

     “He’s not gay though, and I’m happy with Lisa.” I thought. “Why is he still staring at me though...?” The tiny voice inside my head would not be quite. He kept gaping at my naked chest and low slung jeans. He blushed and I blushed too.

“Ugh sorry Shane... I just didn’t... well... Haha, well, you have... abs!” Joey giggled and blushed bright red. Embarrassed, he awkwardly turned around and walked out. I pulled on a white collared shirt, black thin tie,  and my blazer jacket, then walked out to find Joey inspecting my proposal list. I walked up next to him.   

“What do you think Joey? Is this an acceptable list of things to have at my proposal?” I asked him. He smiled at me, but I detected a small hint of sadness deep in his sea green eyes.

“It’s going to be amazing, Shane. You’re going to be a great husband to Lisa. She’s going to be so surprised.”

“Thanks, Joey. For helping me and everything.” I looked at my clock. It read 2:13.

“Oh, I have to go pick up the ring from the jewelers! Can you set up the camera?” I showed him where I was going to propose. He nodded.

“Great, thanks! I should be back in about 45 minutes.” I smiled at Joey, grabbed my keys, and ran out to my car.

The traffic to the jewelers, which was about 15 minutes away, was light. I made it there just at 2:30, and was able to pick up the ring without a problem. The ring was made of gold, with  one large diamond in the middle, and eight tiny diamonds on each side. Wrapping around the diamonds was gold vines and tiny leaves. On the inside of the ring I had gotten the words “#Shisa forever. I love you, Lisa” and an infinity sign engraved. I looked at the ring when it was given to me by the girl working at the jewelers. It was even more beautiful than I could have imagined... I couldn't wait to see Lisa’s face when she saw it.

It was just past 3:30 when I got back to the house. The traffic there had been good, but coming home it was a calamity. I unlocked the door, walking in, and gasped. Joey had gone above and beyond what I could have ever asked him to do. The lights were off, and candles were lit all over, illuminating the arrow made of sprinkled rose petals pointing towards the living room, where I planned to propose to Lisa. After the arrow there was a sparse trail of petals that led into the living room, where there was hundreds of petals in red, white, and pink that spelled out “I love you Lisa!”. Facing them was the camera, with Joey standing behind it grinning.

“Do you like it Shane? I looked at the list and saw the trail of rose petals and rose petal sign... I hope you don't mind that I arranged them. You can change it if you want...” He smiled at the floor sheepishly.

“Joey, it’s amazing. I couldn't have done better. It’s exactly as I imagined it only better. Thank you!” I hugged him tightly.

“Shane! Ugh... Can’t... Breath!!!!” He grunted.

“Oops, sorry Joey. I’m just so excited. Lisa should be here in about half an hour!!!!” The clock on the wall told me that it was close to four.

“I know! It’s so exciting. I can't believe you’re getting married...!” Joey smiled, that sadness returning to his eyes. His eyes... They were gorgeous. I shook my head. I couldn't get distracted by Joey. I mean, I was proposing to Lisa. Joey couldn't sway me from that.

“Want to have a snack?” I asked him to distract me from his beauty.

“Yeah, sounds cool. Do you have any chicken?” Joey asked. I grinned.

“Typical Joey... Always wanting that chicken!” I thought to myself.

Half an hour later, I heard the key in the front door turning.

“That must be Lisa! Oh no!” I thought.

“Joey! Hide! Lisa’s here!” I hissed at him. He slipped into the hallway closet, in a place with a good view of the living room. I grabbed my blazer, made sure the ring in its box was inside the pocket, and slipped into the living room before the front door opened. I hid behind the couch as Lisa walked in. I could see her face. It was surprised, but confused at the same time. I stepped out from behind the couch.

“Lisa, I love you and it will always be that way.” I got down on one knee in front of her. I pulled out the ring. “Lisa Schwartz, will you marry me?”