The Horrors Of The Future

Start from the beginning

"But we miss them." Mariah says softly and for the first time, I see a tear roll down her cheeks.

"I know you do." I say quitely and cuddle them both with me on the bed. I caress their hair and kiss their foreheads.

"But you know," I begin, "They were taken away from you by some cruel people. But even then they loved you and that is why they are around you as angels. Angels who made sure that you come here and live with Xalvador. You have Xalvador now, Maisie, and I know you both are fond of Liam." I say trying to cheer them up.

"And we have you." Mariah smiles at me and my heart flutters. Tears flood into my eyes as I kiss their cheeks. They feel family.

"You'll always have me. I promise." I say looking down at both of them. Mariah sits up and wipes her cheeks.

"I won't cry now. And nor will you Ty." She says in declaration and helps Tyler clean his face as well. I watch in admiration as I sit up too. Mariah looks around the room and then smiles, "Mom, dad I know you are here. And though I can't see you I know you are looking over me and Ty. I love you both and I promise I won't cry and make you guys sad again."

Once again, her innocence makes my heart clench but I nod and smile at her in encouragement.

"Me too mom and dad." Tyler says looking around just like his sister.

"Miss Arabella? Can we go to the park? Grandma can't take us anymore as her legs hurt." Tyler asks and I can't bring myself to decline.

"Okay, lets go. But...only if you call me Arabella. I don't want you guys to be formal with me." I say pulling them both with me. They reluctantly nod and I grin as we start leaving.

I return to the house an hour and a half later. I enjoyed too much with the kids. We talked, we had cookies that I took before leaving and it gave me undescribable happiness when they both rolled off on the grass laughing when I tickled them.

Just as I enter the area of the training field, I hear Xalvador.

"Arabella! Where were you? I've been searching for you everywhere." Xalvador almost shouts and I roll my eyes. He has marked me and yet he is always so sure that I am planning to run. His eyes darken at my reaction but I don't budge.

"Mariah, Tyler why don't you go and watch some tv while I talk to your Alpha?" I ask and they both nod. Mariah takes Tyler's hand and they both walk into the house.

"Xalvador could you chill for a second? I was just out strolling with the children." I scowl as we start walking to his office.

"Well then either inform me and leave or don't shut down the fucking mind link!" He growls and I shut up. Okay he is in a bad mood. And plus I shouldn't have shut down the mind link. But hey? You need a break from super possessive mates right?

We enter in his office and I find Liam and Beta Axel already there. Xalvador takes a seat and so do I.

"My spies returned this morning and they have confirmed the news of the enemies having a witch." He says and we look up in tension. Liam seems peculiar today. He hasn't looked or smiled at me. He is just mostly looking down or at Xalvador. Maybe he is too tensed.

"But the worst news is that they are planning an attack. A massive attack with thousands of wolves. And they leave in two days!" He informs in an angry voice and his teeth clenched. I gasp in shock.

"Alpha that means they would be here in maximum five to six days. We literally aren't prepared."

"I don't wanna hear that Axel! Prepare our wolves. Tell them to be ruthless when the enemies attack. I want everyone in the training field now. And later we will discuss how the defense strategy would be!" He commands in the Alpha tone and both the guys nod.

"But Xalvador what about the witch and the super powered wolves? How are we going to fight them?" I ask while thinking of what I can do to help. Suddenly an idea strikes but I brush it aside for the moment.

"We'll figure out. Ask Maisie what she can do to help. Other wise I'll have my wolves kill the witch first when they attack."

"It won't be easy Alpha." Liam reminds.

"And it won't be impossible either." He glares at him and then they both leave.

"Xalvador I hope you won't stop me from using my powers right? Its for the pack." I say sounding sure but he seems to think.

"I am not sure Bella. I can't loose you. I'm gonna send you away with the other women and children." He says.

"What! Xalvador no! You can't do that. I won't let you. I wasn't given the most deadliest power to just sit and light up gas stoves. I will fight and use the Moon's gift, want it or not!" I declare.

"How can I let you do that Bella? You are not even obliged to. You don't even belong to this pack and so I cannot let you get hurt. You are my responsibilty! And that is why you won't fight." He growls, clutching my arms.

"I am a member of this pack damn it! I was born here." I yell. His mouth hangs open and his eyes widen in shock. His grip loosens on my arms as I breathe hard.

"Wh-what?" He asks stuttering slightly. Shit! I decided I wouldn't tell him untill I was ready to consummate the bond. But there is no turning back now.

"Elizabeth told me that she smelled this pack's smell on me. And that she is sure that I was born here and then taken out of this pack. I am a member of the Dark Moon. Before the Luna, I am the daughter of this pack. And these are my own people. Let me protect them Xalvador. Please." I say, my voice almost a pained whisper. His face contorts with pain and shock.

"When did you come to know?"

"Weeks ago. But I couldn't tell you."

"Why?"

"Thats not important. What is important is that you know now. And you have no reason for not letting me help my own pack. That is what a Luna is supposed to do isn't it?" I try to convince him. After a long silence and thinking, he nods.

"Okay but you will follow my orders. And if I find you in danger, you will have to back off. Promise me." He demands and I nod. For his sake. What the fight would bring, I don't know but if my yes gives him satisfaction then be it.

We will put up the strongest defense we can!

Woah! Its war-time now! Let me know what you think is gonna happen or how you found this chapter. Just a couple more until this story wraps up. So stay tuned!