Analyzation

I leave the living room, deep in thoughts about what Liam said. I automatically find myself outside Xalvador's office. I frown at my body's instinct but anyways decide to talk to Xalvador. I'm about to knock when his voice booms from inside,

 "Come in sugar bun."

 Startled, I enter inside and stand awkwardly.

"How did you know I was standing outside?" I question and he raises his head up from the stack of papers he is working on.

"You are my mate sugar bun. I can smell you from a distance." He says and I slap myself mentally. Of course he can. He is my mate and top of that an Alpha which means his senses are stronger than most.

"Um yeah I forgot... that." I say and fall into an awkward silence.

"So what is that you came here for?" Xalvador questions after a while.

"About the attack. I wanted to just um express my views." I reply. He looks at me surprised. And I almost decide to leave. I don't want him to feel that I'm interested in his pack or him.

"I would love to hear them." He says and all I can hear is genuineness... with a bit of happiness too maybe.

"Um okay. So did you notice that all the victim warrior wolves were in human form." 

"Yeah so what about it?"

"Don't you think its uncanny that none of the wolves showed resistance. If another pack or rogues had attacked, those victim wolves would have shifted right then and fought back. But not one of them was in their wolf form. And its impossible for even the strongest rival pack wolves to kill 25 wolves without any resistance." I explain and he nods, seeming deep in thought.

"Point well made. I didn't think from this angle."

"Also if they did kill all those warrior wolves, why would they burn their bodies? It can't be an overall fire because only the wolves have been burnt and not a single tree is harmed."

"...which means that they deliberately burned each of the wolves. Its as if they don't want to leave any traces of how those wolves were killed." Xalvador finishes for me and I just nod.

"Yes. That's exactly what I have been thinking." I say.

  Just then, Beta Axel enters with Liam. They inform us about the dead bodies being buried and the Xalvador explains them what we just talked about the attack. They both express their views and agree but nothing significant comes out of it. I take my leave and walk up to my room that I share with my monster mate. I sigh and sit on the bed when I hear the door creaking. I walk to the door, my senses alert. I just catch a whiff of a foreign smell before it vanishes completely. I enter the room and there is something not right. I look around but find nothing. I shrug the feeling as paranoia and look out of the window. The incidents of the attack are strange. It doesn't seem like a normal werewolf attack and its definitely not a human attack. There are no evidences of a silver bullet because that's the only way werewolves that strong would be affected.

I dread the awkward dinner as I walk down the staircase. I spot Xalvador waiting for me and everyone takes seats as I arrive. We begin the food and the Beta speaks after a while.

"Alpha you need to decide what you want to do with those wolves in basement." He says and Xalvador nods. 

"There is nothing to decide. Kill them. Use silver shackles to tie them up. and then rip their heads off with silver knives." He says briefly and I feel shocked at how casually he talked about killing. And using silver is itself an example of how cruel he can be. I know wolves are punished in a pack but this is a demo of how heartless Mr. Alpha Xalvador is. I look at Liam with accusation and he looks away. I eat my food quickly, hating every second of it.

I walk silently to the basement, hoping to see those tortured wolves. I made sure my monster mate went to the office so I have some time. I remember the way since that's the first part of this house that I saw. I go in the same room first but its empty. Then I check out a couple more when finally in the last, dark basement, I hear voices of groaning and pain. I shiver as I open the huge door and go down the small steps. I see three wolves, shackled in silver cuffs and chains. There are deep cuts all over their bodies and its an even more terrible sight from what I saw in the forest today. I walk cautiously to them, my hands itching to help them.

"Please help us!" One of them calls out me as I near them.

"I-I can't if I don't know why you guys are here!" I exclaim, concern evident in my voice.

"We just went against Alpha's rules and didn't win the last fight with the Grey Sky pack as we got  attacked first. He was displeased and so he punished us like this." Another one explains with great pain and groaning after every word.

"Oh my God. How can he be so ruthless!" I whisper to myself and the wolves groan in pain-again. My eyes search the room for a key or something, but I don't find anything. I try to touch the shackles but my fingers cuts the moment it contacts the silver. I scream and draw my hand back, feeling even more terrified for the three wolves.

"What THE FUCK are you doing here?!" A deafening voice growls from behind me and I know its the monster. I muster up all my courage and turn to face him. He looks dangerous, terrifying, and just the monster that he is. I look up to him in the eyes and cower on the inside when they darken murderously.

His eyes move to the blood and cut on my fingers and he growls again. A growl so loud that it echoes like thunder in the basement. Calming my erratic breathing, I speak up.

"Leave those wolves. They have not done that big of a crime Mr.Alpha." I say with a firm voice and Xalvador walks over to me.

"You are my mate but that doesn't mean you defy my orders and come here all alone. Nor do you get to talk in such a tone." He warns me.

"Oh yeah? You are not some God. You are a living being and so are they. Stop being so cruel okay!" I raise my voice.

"I make the decisions here. Now go back to our room. Guards!" He orders and two large men rush by his side. He motions for them to take me away and I scowl in disgust.

"You are a monster Xalvador. Merciless and cruel and heartless and ruthless. I hate you and I hate to be your mate!!!" I scream as the guards pull me away, despite my strong resistance. Xalvador ignores me and I look back to wolves, as the guards drag to me the stairs.

"Luna!" I hear them cry and I feel tears surfacing. The guards bring me out of the basement and that is when I hear three ear deafening screams. 

He killed them!

Monster!

Hey nerdies! How did you like this chapter? Let me know by voting and commenting!