Some Arguments Should Be Lost

I ignore as Xalvador enters his room and pretend to fall asleep. He emerges from the bathroom after a while, freshly showered and clothed and I resist my urge to take a complete glance at him. I just rest my head on the headboard and stay in a sitting position. I feel the bed dip as Xalvador moves in beside me, raising tingles on my back.

"Sugar bun? Aren't you sleeping?" He asks and I find his tone amused.

"Stop poking your nose everywhere. I'll sleep when I want to." I say calmly though there is a sharp edge to my voice.

"That is not how you talk to me!" He growls lowly and I snap my eyes open, burning with fury.

"And who do you think you are, talking to me like this? And ordering me to do everything your way!" I snap.

"I am your mate and no matter what you say, you cannot change that fact!" He leans in, anger surfacing in his voice.

"Well then if this about being mates, then I am your mate too Xalvador. And its your duty to abide by my wishes. I am not a captive here. I can't just be surrounded by you all the time."

"You let me mark you and I will let you do what you want." He says calmly.

"You know I won't let you. No matter what I do, it all ends up at marking me. What the hell is your problem!" I almost shout as I rise from the bed.

"What the hell is your fucking problem Bella?! What I am asking for is my right. Why are not you ready to get marked when it gives you the freedom you crave so much." He walks around and stands right in front of me.

"Because its not as easy as you say it is! And you know it. Once you mark me, I am bound to you. Our feelings will become one and our bodies will too have to. Once you mark me, we will have to consummate the bond. And I am not ready for that right now!" I growl, my eyes burning with rage.

"I am you mate Arabella. And I have needs. You are supposed to fulfill them and not keep pushing me away! What if we consummate the bond and I make you mine? Why do you find it so difficult?!"

"Because it is difficult! Can you imagine how hard it is to one day, suddenly leave the life you've led for nineteen years and just adjust in a pack, bound by rules and guarded by people? No you can't. You are used to having things happen your  way and that is why you don't get the dilemma I am in. I was free, happy and my own ruler. Now here, I have you telling me everyday what to do. Yes I have a purpose and maybe some actual work to do but this is not what I imagined my life to be okay? I wanted to lead my life my way and not freaking stay under your gaze every minute of the day! I am not the kind to be bound, you get that?" I say, my emotions potrayed clearly in my raging voice.

Xalvador stares at me, his eyes darkened and then approaches me, stopping just a step away from me.

"Sugar bun, no matter what I do, I am controlled by my wolf. And it wants you. And you don't know the struggle I go through every time I see you, or touch you or watch you talk and argue with me. I have him on the leash and you should be thankful for that. Because Bella, the moment my wolf takes over, none of your arguments will stand any ground. It will be just him and his pure, burning desire!" He says in a husky voice near my ear and I tremble. 

I know what he is saying is right. The more I fight him, the more his wolf will get angry and try to break from the control Xalvador has on him. And I can't let that happen.

I sigh as I know I have lost the argument. I walk past him, out of his room and thankfully he doesn't question. I walk to the open field and stand there, gazing up at the stars. My feet are bare and the moist grass is somewhat relaxing. I close my eyes in peace as a gush of air caresses my face.