22) 🎒Lunch Box Trouble🎒

I sat down at my table for lunch. My eyes were glued to the screen of my phone, just in case she texted me back.

"Hey everyone, Azlan's got a lunch box with a blue lid." Jared snickered and the rest of the able copied him. They were too used to seeing the bad boy only have a can of coke for lunch I supposed.

I shot daggers at Jared and the rest of the giggling assholes. They shut up. I took my seat and placed the box in front of me with a thud.

"Hey, Alzan?" Rubina looked at me with a foul expression.

"What."

"Where did you get that lunch box?"

"Seriously? Why are you all so concerned about this thing?"

"Just tell me where you got it from, idiot." Rubina snapped at me.

"From your damn kitchen, duh." I huffed in annoyance and Jared snickered again. "Shut the fuck up Jared. You can be such a tart sometimes."

"Oh... Who gave it to you?" Rubina eyed my food suspiciously.

"Don't know. It was on the table with a piece of paper and had my name on it. Why?" Rubina muttered something under her breath and gave me a sickly-sweet smile.

"Enjoy your lunch." She then got out of her seat and walked away. Girls were so fucking weird. Why couldn't they just say things as they were and get straight to the point? Matters tended to worsen when two girls hated each other and you were caught in the crossfire. I knew that Rubina didn't like Aamirah. Maybe that was what this whole thing was about. I continued to eat my delicious lunch in silence.

👯 A A M I R A H 👯

My pile of books landed on the desk with a thud. "Silence please." Ms. Hemingway glared at me before returning back to what she was doing. As usual, I was the first one in the library after school. Raeesa had environmental club to go to for a short while and Rubina...

She was just late as usual.

Speaking of the devil, Rubina stormed into the library, her heels hitting against the marble floor. "Young woman, the library is a place of silence! Not, a catwalk." Rubina walked more slowly up to me. I was struggling to conceal my laughter.

"How did Azlan get that blue lunch box?"

"I don't know."

How did she know about that?

Oh of course. They sit at the same table. "Don't lie to me, Aamirah."

"Can the man not help himself to a lunch box?" Rubina shut up and we continued to focus on our project. Every word that Rubina spoke dripped with sarcasm. It was annoying. I needed Raeesa.

Eventually, Raeesa showed up at the library. I was surprised that I hadn't clawed Rubina's face off by then. Silently, I recited Ayat-ul-Kursi. Keeping such evil thoughts really was unnecessary.

"Assalamu 'Alaikum." Raeesa greeted me.

"Wa'alaikum Assalam. How was your environmental debate practise?" Did I forget to mention that Raeesa was also on the debating team. She was truly an all-rounder.

"It was alright. I just need to keep my points in order for the actual debate next week."

"I'm sure you will, Insha'Allah."

Rubina rolled her eyes.

"Could you two just focus on the damn project! We haven't got all day, you know." My cousin hissed at us.

Not wanting to cause any trouble, we got straight down to work.

》》》

Back home, Hamid and Shaarif greeted us at the front door and let us in.

"Can you cook something now, Aamirah? We're starving." Hamid whined at me.

"Alright, alright. What do we feel like eating today?" I looked around at the four faces staring at me. Nobody spoke.

"Fine, tuna mac 'n cheese it is."

I was happy to prepare supper for my family. It made me feel good and it brought us all together at the end of long days. Cooking was something that I was particularly good at anyway. Raeesa told me that she was going to freshen up and left. Rubina had dissapeared and Hamid and Shaarif had retreated to the living room. Now that the kitchen was no longer crowded, I was able to start preparing my meal.

Until my phone beeped.

Unknown:
Thank you for the lunch...

I raced upstairs and into my room. "Raeesa! Raeesa!" I banged on the bathroom door.

"Aamirah, what the hell? What is it?" The bathroom door flew open and Raeesa stood there with just a towel around her. I muttered an apology and showed her my phone screen. Her eyes widened when she was who the sender was.

"So Azlan is the anonymous sender of all these messages?"

"Basically... I know, I can't believe it either." I shoved my phone back into the pocket of my abaya.

"Let me shower, I'll join you in the kitchen in a moment... I can't believe this." Raeesa closed the bathroom door and I left my room, closing the door behind me. It helps to have an ensuite.

While waiting for my casserole to bake, my mind refused to stay focused on anything other than Azlan. I knew it was Azlan. Who else would it be? The front door opened and in walked the bad boy in all his glory.

Oh no...

The situation was so awkward. Surprisingly, he walked straight past me without a single glance.

Strange.

Raeesa nearly ran into Azlan on her way into the kitchen. She stopped abruptly and slid out of his way before walking towards me. We began to whisper like naughty school girls.

"Did he say anything to you?"

"Of course not. He's acting like nothing ever happened."

"Hmmm... Oh well, he's just being his usual self; messed up beyond repair." Raeesa chuckled to herself and grabbed a bag of cookies out of the cupboard.

"Not now, Raeea. That can be for dessert." Sadly, Raeesa put away the treats and helped me to make a cheese sauce for the tuna casserole. Despite the obvious tension in the air, I still could not wait to eat.

Nothing beats food, I tell you.

🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞

AAAAAHHHH Azlan what are you doinggg.

Haha -I know already of course 😉.

COMMENT
VOTE

I really want to dedicate chapters to people so if you're a silent reader then make yourself known and I will dedicate a chapter to you 😊.

Keep reading. 💗x.