8)♡•Cafeteria Romance•♡

"Oh cool, salad, French fries and a diet soda. So interesting..." Jana was busy commenting on my lunch as I sat down at our table. She knew that I didn't eat the meats from our school cafeteria because I didn't know whether they were actually halal or not. I usually brought my own lunch to school, but today was one of those days where I woke up late and didn't have time to actually prepare lunch. In the Omar household, everybody makes their own lunch because there are so many of us. Good thing I had a bit of emergency money in my backpack or I wouldn't have been having lunch at that moment.

That moment when Raeesa got my attention.

"Aamirah..."

"Hm?" My mouth was full, what did you expect me to be doing other than eating? I mean, it's not like I actually had breakfast.

"Your brother is-"

I ignored Raeesa's next words and began to frantically scan the cafeteria for Hamid. What was he doing that caught Raeesa's attention?

Nothing bad I hoped...

My eyes landed on his black t-shirt and short haircut. Hamid. His back was turned to me. He began to wave to someone and turned to walk away. As he turned around, I got a glimpse of who he was talking to.

Petunia?

The girl had blonde hair, looked pretty much European and was quite pretty. Sakeenah also had blonde hair. The only difference was that she dyed her's. Petuina's hair (if that was even her), was very natural. You could see it from afar.

"Aamirah. Aamirah Omar!"

"Huh... What, Raeesa?" I was a bit annoyed by now. All I wanted to do was enjoy my lunch in peace but I just had to focus on everyone else, as usual. I hadn't really been getting enough time to myself, lately.

"Who is that?"

Mental eye roll.

All of a sudden, I felt bad for getting mad at Raeesa. She was a good friend and just because I knew about Hamid's situation, it doesn't mean that she did. After all, Raeesa had known Hamid since we were toddlers and since he was born. In our near 18 years of life, neither of us had ever actually seen him talking to a girl.

"I'm sorry, Raeesa. This isn't my story to te-"

"Guys?" I barely looked at Jana to know what she was staring at in shock. I follwed her gaze.

Azlan and Rubina.

I choked on my lunch. Jana passed me my bottled water which I gulped down thankfully while watching the pair slide into their seats at the same table. They were accompanied by Jared, another three girls and two boys whom I did not know.

Why were they together? Were they a couple? How did this happen? How is Azlan not annoyed by Rubina's constant childishness?

The questions whirled around in my head, not giving me a break to stop and think rationally. I knew that my next ideas were not exactly the best things to do. I knew that they were next to impossible; I was going to have to do some kind of investigating. I had two options and two completely different ways to go about this...

I could ask Jana to ask Jared what was going on or I could find out by spying on Azlan and Rubina, myself.

"Aamirah, are you okay? Is something wrong?" Jana asked me.

"Look guys, can we meet up in the library after school, if you two don't mind?"

"Yeah sure, you two might have to wait a bit for me because I have an Environmental Society meeting with Mrs. Maynard for fifteen minutes after school. Is that fine?"