17) 😺Two-Faced😾

Language & Sensitive Content

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"Wow, you ladies really look stunning today. Care for a drink? Or something?"

Raeesa politely refused drinks from Daniel Gold and turned to look at me, "He is so weird."

"I agree." Raeesa and I sat alone on a bench in near the middle of Milton Sqaure. It was a cloudy day and I actually ended up changing my outfit since the weather began to suck. "Aamirah, when are we gonna meet Mr. Ali?"

"Oh gosh... I haven't even phoned him yet. Will you remind me as soon as I get home?"

"Sure."

"Thanks Raeesa."

We watched as people from our grade hung around, some smoking and most of them standing around in groups but focusing on their phones.

"Allah... Aamirah, look!"

I turned to where Raessa was pointing and my eyes widened. There he was, with a group of girls, taking selfies. Whatever emotions came over me, I could not decipher them. The girls wore tiny shorts and crop tops of the same colours. So original. One of the girls with spiky black hair walked over to Azlan and hung off one of his shoulders. I couldn't help but stare as she rubbed his chest and played with his hair. This girl, who I might have seen once before in my life, stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek. Azlan slung an arm around her waist and walked off into one of the nearby restaurants. My heart broke. Into a million tiny pieces.

"Don't worry, girl. Everything will be alright."

I couldn't say anything to my bestie. I was lost for words. All I thought was that Allah had a lot of forgiving to do.

》》》

Raeesa and I were bored at this silly get together. The good news was that Rubina and her sisters didn't show up. The bad news was that behind the scenes, she was planning the house party. I had a really bad feeling about that. I pushed the negative thoughts to the back of my mind. The thing that bothered me the most was that Azlan was going back to his old player way of things. Raeesa and I were seated in a restaurant in Milton Square. We actually decided to break away from the group and do our own thing, since that was what everyone else was doing. We watched as Azlan and his girlfriend...

Was she even his girlfriend?

"Ladies, ladies. Why are you both cooped up in here? Come outside, enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. You're both too beautiful to be shying away in this dark, little restaurant."

After hearing that remark, Daniel and Raeesa and I were kicked out by the restaurant owner, Mrs. Rick. Daniel pulled Raeesa and I along with him. I could see that he was dragging us straight to his group of friends. They were all guys.

"Daniel, let us go, prick!" Raeesa yelled at him. Everything actually happened in such a blur, I was amazed how I managed to remember anything at all.

I was pulled away from Daniel and so was Raeesa. We managed to stop ourselves from colliding into each other, just in time. I turned back to look for whoever pulled us away from Daniel.

"Cut it out! Both of you!" The girl that had kissed Azlan's cheek earlier tried to break up the fight between the two boys. That's when I realised that it was Azlan that got us away from Daniel. My heart was in my mouth. Azlan simply shrugged the girl, who had been holding his arm, off and walked towards Raeesa and I. All we could do, was glance at each other, then lower our gazes till Azlan stood, towering above us.