10)♢Unknown♢

"No breakfast?"

I rolled my eyes at Azlan's stupid question, "No. It's 7:35am, genius. We're gonna be late!"

"Whatever. Who says you've got to be in class anyway?"

"Your mom, that's who. Now get off your butt and let's get moving. Hamid! Shaarif! Are you guys coming or what?" My brother and cousin poked their heads into the kitchen. I quickly glanced at Azlan. He seemed saddened upon hearing my words. I simply shrugged off his weird behaviour.

"Wait!" They called. The boys grabbed their backpacks and sports kits, then we left. Rubina, Safina and Sakeenah were clearly skipping school. Today was sports day. Shaarif and Hamid were taking part and since Raeesa's parents were forcing her to attend, I thought I'd join her. What better way of spending the day other than with your best friend?

On a boiling hot sports field.

Together, dying of boredom.

Fun, right?

"Aamirah... We're leaving him alone in the house?"

"He promised not to destroy anything. Let's just leave it at that and be glad that he's not one of Rubina's drug addict boyfriends or something," I whispered to Hamid while Shaarif was distracted.

"Yeah... He better not go into my room... Or else."

I chuckled at Hamid and whipped out my life science notes. I needed to study for the test the next day. I was aiming for a high B. Biology is not the easiet subject, I'll tell you that much.

》》》

"I want details, girl," Jana said, pulling me into the girls' washrooms.

"Details?" Yes, that's right. My brain was mush today. I had been prepared to stay home and simply study for my test but I couldn't leave my besties hanging at school.

"You know? About him?"

"Who, Jana? I don't know anything about Jared, okay?"

Jana rolled her eyes before speaking, which confused me further, "Details about Azlan, idiot!" She tickled me. I tried to get back at her but she was just too fast.

"Can't get me, can you?" Jana winked at me and continued to run around the girls' bathroom. Breathless, I simply stood in one place.

"I will, Jana Rutherford, I will," My smirk reminded me of Azlan so I immediately changed my expression. That was probably what made Jana think that I wasn't okay. I was just fine, though. The only problem I had, was that he was now butting straight into my personal life, into my home, into my family... Into my world. People like Azlan, don't mix with people like me. I barely knew anything about the guy but he seemed like bad news. I mean, which guy just moves into other people's houses and feels that it's okay?

Do you see where I'm coming from?

"Aamirah!"

"Huh? What? Did I... What?"

"Aamirah, you've been doing this a lot lately; acting weird, getting lost in your thoughts... It's worrying me dude. Even Raeesa can't see into your mind these days. Do you want to talk to us about anything? We're both here for you, you know," Jana took my hand and comforted me, "Everything will be alright. Don't worry too much."

I squeezed Jana's hand gratefully and thanked her for being an awesome bestie.

Then, I told her about Azlan.

"He's also a bit of a weirdo. I guess you too will be good together," Jana giggled, "Just like..."

"Just like?"

I watched Jana's face turn red, within 2 seconds.

"Nobody."

"Spit it out, Jana," I wiggled my eyebrows at my best friend, earning a slap on the arm, "Ouch! What was that for?"

"Like... Jared..."

I squealed, "Awww Jana! I knew you guys would get together!"

"Was it that obvious?"

Jana and I discussed hers and Jared's relationship on the way to class. I walked into my registration class and took my assigned seat. Mrs. Jacobs took the register and gave us brief instructions as to how sports day was to roll out.

Knock knock.

"Sorry I'm late, Mrs. Jacobs," muttered a familiar voice.

I looked up to see the one and only...

Azlan.

So he bothered to come to school today... Raeesa and I exchanged looks before going back to listening to Mrs. Jacobs ramble on. The bell went soon. We left to go to our first lesson, which, lucky for our class, was maths and we had a substitution teacher to take us for batting class.

"Good morning class."

"Good morning, Mr. Avery."

"Good, now, I want absolutely no talking, is that clear Daniel?"

"Yes sir," Daniel replied."

"Now turn around and face the front of the classroom. Get on with something productive. Sports day only begins in an hour."

Luckily for us, students, we got to keep our phones and the school had free wi-fi, which I was able to hack. I texted Raeesa, telling her about Jana. That was when I suddenly received another text...

Unknown:
Hey ❤

Me:
Hi... Who is this?

Unknown:
That's for me to know and for you to figure out. Btw, you look hot today.

Me:
Excuse me?!

Unknown:
You're excused. Bye beautiful.

I didn't bother replying to the jerk that sent me that message. Instead, I simply forwarded the chat to Raeesa and continued to read on Wattpad.