Chapter Five - The Beginning

Start from the beginning

"Ahh, that's right, all our models would be wearing a venetian mask as they walk down the runway, and I want their mask to complement what they're wearing. Also, our current jewelry collection won't do, they're too extravagant, they would clash with the masks." Nathan added.

Everyone in the room sounded surprised, and although they have their concerns about the tight deadline, no one said anything. They know better than to go against Nathan's decisions.

The week after, the new employees recruited during the application week started their work at the headquarters of House of Amanda Velin. One name stood out, Bailey Chambers.

"Have you heard the rumors, Bailey Chambers joined the application week, and she came out on top."

"Really? That's amazing."

The whole team was buzzing. And Kazuki couldn't fully understand why. Wow... Bailey is famous... He thought as he remembered the friend he made during the application week.

"She's the sole heiress of Chamberlain Textile."

Chamberlain Textile... Wait... That's the company's sole fabric supplier. If I remember correctly, their chairman is Victor Velin's friend. Kazuki remembered the information he read. Wow, so Bailey is the sole heiress of that empire.

Kazuki was quite amazed, but he wasn't fully surprised, since the very first time he saw Bailey, he could tell that she came from a well-off family.

"She's amazing. She went through all the process of application, really admirable. Not like someone wo uses his connection to get in the company." Howard raised his voice as he stared at Kazuki sharply.

"Do you think she would be assigned here, in our team?"

"That's impossible, that would be too awkward..."

Why would it be too awkward? Kazuki thought.

The door opened and Nathan entered. "Ohhh..." Everyone in the room exclaimed as the beautiful Bailey wearing a black dress and stiletto walked behind Nathan.

"Listen everyone. Starting from today, Ms. Chamberlain would be part of this team." Nathan announced strictly. "That's all. Go back to work." He added and then walked to his office without even turning his eyes to Bailey, not even for a split second.

As Nathan walked away, Kazuki noticed that lingering gaze in Bailey's eyes.

"What did I say, it's awkward..."

Kazuki never found out why the team thought it would be awkward that Bailey and Nathan would be working together; because Bailey caught sight of him and whole team's attention was drawn to the two of them instead.

"Kazuki?" Bailey said as she walked towards Kazuki's cubicle. "It is you." She said with a smile as she and Kazuki looked at each other. "I knew you would get accepted here, what did I tell you."

Great. Now everyone would hate me even more. "Well, that's not exactly what happened." Kazuki said with a hesitation. "I'll tell you later."

Bailey smiled. "This is great. I won't have a hard time making friends at work, because you're already here." She said.

"I'm the one who should be thankful that you're here." Kazuki said. "Finally, there's someone I can talk to at work, I won't have to eat alone as well." He said with smile. It was the first time that Kazuki smiled in that room, it was the first that his coworkers saw how attractive he really is.