Appendix 3/Eye speak phrase book

Let's speak Eye everyone. 

While the people of Mars technically still speak English debate divides. The change of pressure, extensive use of Whatsapp meant certain phrases evolved, particularly among Martian teens 

Amslut ( Southern Mars): I am going to science the shit out of this: 'I'm thinking', 'I will think' positive statement about using calculation to think about something. 

Bud: Friend/buddy also used originally as 'over' when wearing a space suit. 

Dome alone: I'm on my own.

Eye, The Eye:  Local word for 'Mars'.  Refers to the partly completed orbital mirror which forms 'iris' around the planet. 

Eye Born: Human born on Mars. 'Martain' being reserved for odd signs of now extinct life. 

Eva/Evey: Extra-Vehicular Activity. Leaving a pressurized location.  General reference to leaving  a safe zone to go somewhere dangerous ( 'Don't EVA on your relationship for the sake of one night with that Harlot yakwim). Also to travel. 'He EVAed his ass to First foot print city to find that present for you'   

Fems: Girls/Woman semi-demeaning term. 'You should go to the party it's fem city yakwim' ok if Girls/Women. Example "Thanks for that  I love All yous Fems.  

Femfriends: Girl/Women friends 

That's a pit stop: Phrase That is a drag, that's a set back. 

Tosol: Today ( on Mars) 

Leflut: Let's fuck the science in this. Let's get on with it. 

Slyslish (Northen Mars): Let's science the shit of out this: Let's think about this/sit back and calculate 'before we depressurize let's slyslish if we have enough air to get back' . Also term of friendly abuse for scientists. 'Who's the slyslish in the white coat?

Sol: Martain Day - sometimes used to Eye 'up' things Birthday-> Birthsol. Bad day at the office -> Bad sol at the office. Sol was originally used to tell between Earth ( 24 hours ) and Mars ( 24.4 hours)days as they slowly get out of sync. Now used to show how 'patriotic' a Martain is.

Solorrow: Tomorrow (on Mars) - Northen mars. 

Nextersol: Tomorrow ( on Mars) -  . See also Solorrow 

I'm on my last bottle: Something is running out for me, historically this referred to oxygen supply on a surface mission. 'You take another cookie and I'm going to get mad. I'm on my last bottle about this, got that?

Viral: Famous. You've gone Viral - your famous. Also 'he's viral for pulling of his pants at parties'. 

Pack down : local  Marcore-Freerunning term for landing for leap. 'I took a big pack down form the block and sprained my ankle' 

Fluteing: Eye swearword. 

Life form: Nearest Earth equivalent would be saying 'man'. 

Yakwim: You know what I mean. Common sentence ending on Mars. Legend has it early settlers got tired of saying 'Over on the radio' and switched to You know what I mean.

Yakwims: Young people/ Teens. particularly Martian born kids who are likely to end sentences with Yakwim. Used by rapper Appa-rappa-mombata as ( he claimed 'Yet another kinky woman into me') or fans. I'm so viral you can't keep the Yakwims off me. 

Yetstersol: Yesterday on Mars - Yester - sol

Your left in the dome alone. People who couldn't use and EVA suit and had to be left behind. Shades of not useful or helpful.