Merry Christmas (Louis)

"I don't want anything for Christmas... really, Lou!" I exclaimed for the thirtieth time since he had been home. I didn't want or need anything.

"Alyssa, come on! I would be the worst boyfriend in the entire world if I didn't get you something!" Louis smirked and plopped down on our bed beside me. "What do you want Santa to bring you?"

"Hmm..." I hummed until I ran out of breathe. "Nothing."

"Well them I don't want anything either." Louis pouted and stuck out his bottom lip, creating the adorable puppy face that melted my heart.

"I already got you some-"

"Take it back!" He hollered, cutting me off with a kiss. "I'm just messing around. I'll get you what I wanted to get you last year, but the lads talked me out of it."

"Why'd they talk you out of it?" I questioned as I pondered the endless possibilities of the gift.

Louis sighed, "They thought it would be too soon for us..."

Too soon? "We've  been together for three years... nothing is too soon."

"You're right." He kissed my cheek and stood up. "I'll be back in a bit. I've got some shopping to do..." And then he was gone.

I acted fast and wrapped all of the gifts I had bought and put them under the tree. Considering Christmas was tomorrow, Lou was slacking. I was completely done wrapping and decorating and cleaning ... and it was almost midnight.

I slid onto the couch and glanced around the room. Pictures and paintings hung on the walls and mistletoe drooped from the front of the kitchen door. Louis had promised to kiss me under that mistletoe, but he said he wanted it to be special.

So many times I had thought that special moment had arrived. Every time we'd stand under it or just pass through the door frame. I always thought it was that special moment he always brought up... but it never was.

*                      *                          *                       *                     *                  *                 *                  *

At around 11:58 pm, Louis busted through the door carrying a black bag.

"Ello lovely." He kissed me gently and soft for a minute or two... I loved his passionate kisses. The way our lips fit perfectly together and the way his left hand caressed my cheek and how he can't help but smile before we're done. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I smiled as he pulled me to the kitchen door. We were under the mistletoe... I could smell the flower wilting from all the days it's been hanging. Since the first... Amazing how long it could live without water and the need of something other than oxygen.

"Merry Christmas..." He whispered in a low tone. I glanced around for a clock.... 12:01. "You know how much I love you, right?" I nodded. " And that I would do anything for you?"

"Of course." He kissed me... was this the special something? Because, this was the first time...

He held my lips to his until he fell to his knees. He opened the bag he had brought home with him and pulled out a red velvet box. I knew what was coming... When he flipped it open, a tear of joy fell from my eye and he whispered, "Marry me."

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello! I know it's been FOREVER! And, I know this one is really short... but this was the Christmas one shot I wrote. Hope you like it! Vote, Follow, and Comment! Love you all and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! :) <3