Chapter 35

The walk to the hospital took longer then either of us wanted. We needed to know if Lydia was okay, where Scott was, and I needed some pain killers for my arm. That's not the order that Stiles wanted to go in, but it's the order that is most important. I've dealt with the pain for this long, I'll be fine for a little bit longer.

Stiles carries me into the ER, clutching me close to his chest. My arm continued to bleed through the shirt he tied around it and on my dress. Stiles' once crisp, white shirt is now covered in my blood.

Mr. Stilinski, in his sheriff's uniform, rushes up to us and away from the other officers he was talking to. He looks right over me, clearly too upset with his own son to see me. "You know, it's a good thing we're in a hospital because I am going to kill you!" He whisper shouts.

"Dad, please, not now." Stiles pleads with him. "Ellie needs help."

Mr. Stilinski finally notices me in Stiles' arm. "What happened to her? Help! We need some help over her! Melissa!"

"Animal bite." I blurt before Stiles can make up a lie. "Where's Ly-"

"Ellie?!" My mom runs over to us. Another nurse pushes a wheelchair over. "Set her down, Stiles. What happened to her?"

I reach for Stiles, shouting. "No!"

Mom starts to push me down the hallway away from my boyfriend. "He'll be back to see you. His dad needs to talk to him. How did this happen to you?" She quickly pushes me in a room.

"He- He needs to check on Lydia." I squirm in the wheelchair.

Mom grabs some medical equipment and slowly unties the shirt. I squeeze my eyes shut as I feel the shirt be fully pulled off. A gasp comes from my mom and I know she is staring at my arm.

"How did this happen?" Mom digs through the cabinets. "Close your eyes. I don't want you to see all of this. It will make the pain worse."

I shut my eyes, tightly. "Animal bite." Something pricks my arm and I jump from the small pain.

"It's just an IV." Mom states from somewhere in the room. "I'm giving you pain killers. How did you get bit? The same as Lydia?"

"Yeah," I nod my head. "I saw her walk out of the dance, so I followed her to make sure she was okay. I-It just came out of nowhere."

"This is going to sting." Mom warns me before pressing something cool to my arm. I bite down on my lip from the pain.

Now, my arm is freshly stitched up thanks to my mom. I've been a nervous wreck not knowing what is going on with anyone else in the hospital. Lydia could be dead for all I know. Luckily, my mom had some spare clothes here that I changed into once she left my room. My dress was too bloody to save, even if I wanted to. I will always think of this night, I don't need that dress to remind me even more.

The medicine pumping through my veins has greatly helped with the pain in my arm or maybe it's just the bite slowly healing by its self. My mom checked me into a room, she wanted me to stay for the night, but I couldn't stay. Mom said she had to go check on another patient and, as soon as she left, I bolted. I slid the IV out of my arm, changed into the clothes, and slipped out of the room without being seen.

Mom will freak when she realises I'm missing, but I can't just sit around. I carefully walk around the hospital, searching for my boyfriend. He better have not left without me.

I turn down a corner, nearly running into Mr. Stilinski and Stiles. Stiles' eyes widen at me and pulls me into his chest, careful not to touch my arm. He kisses the top of my head. His hold on me is tight, like he was scared he would never see me again. I noticed the wet trails on his cheeks from the crying he must have done when my mom took me away.