Chapter 34

I've been slipping in and out of consciousness ever since I hit the ground after Peter bit me. I barely remember Stiles dropping to his knees and pulling me against his body. The pain in my arm keeps me awake enough to pay attention to what is going on around me. Something cold and wet splatters across my cheek repeatedly. I strive to focus on Stiles and realize he is crying. Peter seems to care less about the two girls bleeding unlike Stiles.

"Don't kill her, please." Stiles begs, gently brushing my hair out of my face. "Just don't kill her."

"Of course not. Just tell me how to find Derek." Peter smirks down at me in Stiles' arms.

"What?" Stiles tears his gaze away from me.

"Tell me how to find Derek Hale." Peter repeats, demandingly.

"I-I don't know. How would I know that?" Stiles grabs one of my bloody hands in his.

Peter smiles down at my boyfriend. "Because you're the clever one, aren't you. And,because deception has a particularly acrid scent, Stiles. Tell me the truth- Or I'll rip them apart, starting with Ellie first."

I squeeze Stiles' hand back with as much strength as I can. This must be really hard for him and I want to help him out as much as I can. Stiles stares down at me, tears flowing out of his eyes. One of his biggest fears is losing me, and now, he feels like he might.

The pain in my arm is tolerable, but all I really want is to pass out, slip into oblivion where there is no pain. I concentrate on Stiles' grip on my hand and force myself sit up as much as I can with the help of my good arm. I'm not going to leave Stiles alone to deal with all of this.

Stiles wraps his arms around me as soon as I sit up against his chest. "Look- Look, I don't know, okay? I sw- I swear to god, I have no idea."

"Tell me!" Peter shouts, intimidatingly. His voice echoes throughout the field.

I shrink back into Stiles, slowly becoming in full control of my body. Thinking of Stiles, helps me deal with the pain.

"Okay, okay, okay, look, I-I think he knew-" Stiles cracks under all of the pressure. His fingers brush over my cheek.

"Knew what?" Peter growls.

I clear my throat. "Derek." I gasp.

"Shh. Don't use your energy." Stiles hushes me.

I shake my head. "I-I think he knew he was gonna be caught." I breathe out, ignoring the pain in my arm.

Peter raises an eyebrow, focusing his attention on me. "By the Argents?"

"Yeah." Stiles sighs.

"And?"

"When they were shot, he and Scott- I think he took Scott's phone." I push the pain to the back of my mind. I said I wanted to be able to protect myself, well, this is me doing it. If I help Peter get Derek back, I can protect Stiles and Lydia.

"Why?"

Stiles lowers his head. "They all have GPS now. So, if he still has it and it's still on- you can find him."

This is it. The bite in my arm is going to change my life forever. I'll be just like Scott; changing on the night of full moons, hearing and smelling things that I shouldn't be, hunters trying to kill me. I wasn't exactly a normal teenager before, but now, my life will be ten times worse.

The last thing I remember is telling Peter about Derek taking my phone and then everything goes black after that. The pain became too much for me and I slipped into unconsciousness. I mentally curse myself for leaving Stiles. I know how freaked out he is. I can feel his whole shake against mine, the tears gathered in his eyes.