Chapter 26

My night was filled with nightmares of either the Alpha or Stiles realising that he doesn't want me in his life. No matter what I did, I always woke up crying hysterically after each nightmare. I couldn't have slept for more than two hours last night. After the fifth nightmare, I gave up on sleep and decided I would rather stay awake than have another one. I've been awake for the past two hours, just staring out of my window for no reason. The sun is beginning to rise, giving me the perfect view to watch it through the woods in our backyard.

Last night, I felt incredibly useless. I was weak. I don't like feeling like that. Scott and Stiles won't always be there to protect me. I need to start to learn how to defend myself.

With a sudden new sense of motivation, I crawl off of my bed only to wander to my closet. I change out of my pajamas into a pair of black leggings, a loose neutral tank top, and a pair of running shoes. Pulling my hair back in a tight ponytail, I jog downstairs and out of my house. I told myself I would start running and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

After last night, I can't expect the Alpha to do anything from all of the commotion it caused. It will probably lay low for a little bit until everyone forgets about the school incident. Besides, the only thing that could actually attack me in these woods would be an animal, like a bear. Derek is dead, so I don't have to worry about him.

I keep up a steady jog through the woods, easily dodging low branches and roots sticking up out of the ground. The cool, brisk air causes goosebumps to form on my skin until I run long enough to maintain enough body heat to keep me warm. Next time, I'll have to bring a jacket.

Scott may worry about where I went when he wakes up or maybe he will think I went to see Lydia. Either way, I'm not that worried. Right now, I just need time to think.

Scott and I are connected in some way that I never knew was possible. I've read that it's normal for twins to experience the same things; as in emotions, saying the same things. Being able to feel exactly how Scott did or see him outside of the classroom is far from being normal for twins. Things like that aren't supposed to happen.

I quicken my pace as the woods begin to thicken. I dodge underneath a low branch and come to a sudden stop as a certain burned down house comes into view. My breath comes out in struggled gasps with my hands on my hips. Even during the day, Derek's place looks beyond creepy. How he lived in this place is beyond me.

Glancing around, I slowly make my way to the steps to the house. A twig snaps behind me and I whirl around to find a flustered Allison. I leap away from the dark house, closer to where Allison is. She's practically dressed in the same attire as me except she was smart enough to wear a jacket.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to spook you." Allison advances towards me. "I just went on a run to clear my head."

"Same here." I reply in a soft voice. "Last night was too much for me. Everything from being locked into the school to Scott not talking to me." I watch as Allison's face flinches. "Sorry. I-I didn't mean to say his name."

Allison shakes her head. "No, it's fine. I'll have to get used to it. Um.." She pauses, internally debating with herself if she should ask the next question. "What did you mean that Scott isn't talking to you?"

"He's basically blocking everyone out." I lean up against a tree. "He wouldn't talk to me or Stiles after the two of you broke up. Just add that to the list of people not talking to me."

Allison loops her arm through mine, dragging me away from the tree I was leaning up on. I let her lead me through the woods in no given direction. "Your brother and I may not be dating anymore, but I'm still your best friend. Tell me about your problems."

I release a pent up sigh. "Stiles hasn't really talked to me since we were locked in the school. He freaked out when I was sitting in the back of the ambulance about how he felt useless when I had my little episode in the room."

"We all know Stiles is a bit different when it comes to feelings." Allison reminds me. "He was really freaked out when you collapsed. Stiles kept saying that he couldn't lose you. Just give him time. Stiles loves you."

"Thanks, Allison." I smile at her. The back of my house comes into view a good distance away. "By the way, Scott really is sorry." I start to walk back to my house, but turn around to face her. "You may not believe me and I'm not saying this to make you change your mind or anything, Scott really loves you. He admitted it to Stiles and I not too long ago."

Allison mouth parts open as I smile at her one last time before heading back to my house. The cold air nips at my bare skin on my arms and I force myself to run. I slip through the back door, carefully making my way upstairs without making a noise. Scott is probably still asleep. His bedroom door is still shut tight with zero noise coming from inside of it. Scott just needs time. He'll talk to me when he needs me.

I walk into my room, shocked to see Stiles sitting on my bed. "Stiles?" I freeze in front of my doorway. "W-What are you doing-"

Stiles pushes himself up in a standing position. "Just let me talk, okay?" I simply nod, afraid of how this conversation may end. "I shouldn't have just ignored you last night after I went off at you. I'm sorry for that. I can tell just by how you are acting around me right now that you don't forgive me for not talking to you."

"I-"

Stiles holds up a finger, stopping me from saying anything. "I'm sorry I reacted cold to you last night. When I saw you collapse on the floor, I felt like I was going to lose you. You were just laying there in pain and there was nothing I could do. It made me realise that in this crazy world that we have now found ourself in the middle of, I could lose you at any moment. I can't lose you. I need you."

Stiles paces the room, waving his arms around as he speaks. The way he is talking to me, I can't help but feel that I was stupid to think the way I did before.

"I-I panicked last night. I thought I was going to lose you, so for some stupid reason, I distanced myself from you. I don't know why I did it." Stiles rubs his buzzed cut hair. "I know we've hardly been dating for that long, but last night made me realise that I everything is changing so quickly. Ellie, I-I'm in love with you!"

I gape at Stiles, unable to form any words. Stiles just said the L word. There is a big difference between being in love with someone and loving someone. Every girl wants to hear that her boyfriend is in love with her and now I just heard mine say that.

"Oh god. I just scared you off, didn't I? God, I'm such an idiot." Stiles smacks himself on the forehead with the palm of his hand.

The smacking noise of him hitting himself knocks me out of my shock. I grab his hand in mine, pulling him closer to me. "You're not an idiot. I love you, too." I bite my lip, grinning.

Shock and happiness takes place on Stiles' face and he yanks me into his body for a hug. I squeal in shock when he gives me a big kiss on my cheek.

"Stiles! I'm all sweaty!" I attempt to push him away from me.

His arms keep a death grip around my waist. "I don't care. You have no idea how long I have been waiting for you to say those words back to me." Stiles kisses me after every word. "I. Love. You. So. Much."

I giggle, enjoying each kiss. "You're so adorable." Stiles starts to say something else, but I pull his lips back to mine before he can even get one word out.

His hands spread out on the small of my back. Stiles backs me up to my bed until the back of my knees bend. He kisses me with such gentleness that I feel weak at the knees. I fall backwards on my bed, pulling Stiles down with me. I smile into the kiss. I don't think I have ever been happier.

"Stop smiling. How am I supposed to kiss you when you won't stop smiling?" Stiles pouts, holding himself up on his forearms.

"I'm sorry." I smile even bigger. "You just make me really happy."

"Now, we just need to make Scott happy." Stiles goes back to kissing me.

⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣

Author's Note:

See? I told you that Stellie would be completely fine. They love each other. It's adorable.

The next two chapters will be the full moon and I'm very excited to write them! I have something planned and you will probably hate me for it.

Question: Does anyone actually read my author's note or am I just writing this for no reason at all?

So, yeah!