Chapter 21

A few days have passed since the night at the school. Scott and I haven't been on the best terms since then, which I have made very obvious. Stiles freaked out when I told him what Scott did. I love Allison to death, but I am Scott's sister. I've literally known him my whole life and he saved her over me. If Isaac hadn't of been there, I could have been seriously hurt or even dead. Even Allison was shocked by his actions.

The town has calmed down a bit since everyone found out that Mr. Argent killed the mountain lion. They believe that all of the killings will stop now. If only that were true.

I've been trying to spend as less time with Scott as possible. Mom, on the other hand, decided to make us go to the store together. I stayed silent the whole way here and through the store. Scott seems to have grown tired of my cold shoulder because he won't stop bugging me with questions and apologies.

"Ellie, I said I was sorry." Scott pleads with me, carrying the bags of groceries.

"Give me the keys." I snatch them from his fingers, holding them up in the air.

Scott is the genius that forgot what level of the parking garage we parked it. We've been to every level so far.

I hit the car horn, repeatedly. "It's not even working."

"Let me see it." Scott sets the groceries down and grabs the keys from me.

One of the bags tilt over and a bottle of milk rolls away. I chase after the bottle until it rolls back to me, stopping at my feet. Scott grabs my hand in his, running in the opposite direction. The Alpha is here. Scott's long legs give him an advantage, whereas I am struggling to keep up with him. If I survive this, I'm going to start running everyday.

Scott pulls me behind a car. "Run." He pushes me forward.

I run alongside the front of the cars parked while Scott jumps from car to car, settting of the alarms. I run around the corner only to have Scott grab my waist and pull me down behind a car. I hold my breath to stop myself from breathing so hard. A few seconds pass and I begin to relax, thinking we are safe. Scott sighs in relief. Scott's phone goes off in his pocket and he rushes to pull it out. I hit his arm as if that could help him.

A hand comes down on Scott's chest, pulling him up and slams him down on the hood of the car we were hiding behind. I scream loudly, immediately thinking it's the Alpha until I look up to see Derek.

"You're dead." Derek states.

"Oh, thank god." I let myself lay down on the ground, relieved.

Derek smirks at me from the top of the car. Did he just show some kind of emotion besides just scowling? He hops off the hood of the car, reaching for my hand to help me up. I awkwardly place my hand in his, surprised that he is being this friendly. What is going on? Derek takes of walking in a fast pace. Scott jogs after him and I follow behind.

"What- What the hell was that?" Scott easily catches up with Derek.

"Said I was going to teach you. I didn't say when." Derek replies, walking through the parking garage.

"You scared the crap out of us." Scott glances over his shoulder to make sure I'm still behind them.

"Not yet."

"Okay, but I was fast, right?" Scott asks.

"Not fast enough."

"But- but the car alarm thing, that was smart, right?" Scott tries again to hear a praise from Derek.

"That was just all fine and dandy until your phone went off. Once again, I'm shown that my own brother can't protect me." I use the anger I have towards him, rudely. Scott's face drops and I ignore him.