Chapter 24

Stiles holds me for a second before pushing up against the double doors with Scott. I stand frozen, my heart pounding in my ears. The Alpha is here. I push my fear to the side and rush to the door to help them. If the Alpha gets in here, we are all dead.

"Lock it! Lock it!" Scott shouts at Stiles, panicked.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles yells back.

"Grab something!" I yell at them, worried that the Alpha will get in.

"Like what?" Stiles asks.

"Anything!" Scott and I scream back at him.

A weird look washes over Stiles' face. He peeks out of the small window in the door. I follow his gaze to the chain cutters on the ground outside of the doors. No, he can't do this.

"No." Scott shakes his head.

"Yes."

I grab Stiles's arm in both of my hands. "Stiles, please don't do this." I beg.

Stiles sneaks out of the doors, checking to make sure the coast is clear. I grab Scott's hand, desperately. We watch Stiles snatch up the pliers. I tighten my grip on Scott's hand when the Alpha creeps from behind the Jeep. The Alpha saunters forward, eyes locked on Stiles.

"Stiles!" I scream at him, pounding my hand on the glass.

"Run! Stiles! Stiles!" Scott yells at him.

Stiles looks up from his crouched position, locking eyes with the Alpha. He springs up with the pliers in his hand. The Alpha takes off running after him. Scott pushes the door open for him to run through. Stiles slips into the school, the doors slamming behind him. He jams the pliers through the door handles.

"Stiles." I fling myself in his arms. "If you ever do that again, I'm going to kill you!" I hit him in the chest.

Scott peeks out of the window. "He's gone."

"Where is it? Where did it go?" I lace my fingers with Stiles. I'm not letting him out of my sight again.

Stiles pulls his flashlight from his pocket, shining it out the window. The Alpha completely disappeared. We knows that doesn't mean it will leave us alone, though.

"That won't hold, will it?" Scott backs away from the doors.

"Probably not." I shakily take a step back with Stiles.

We turn around, facing the dark hallway. We're locked in our high school with a killer werewolf outside. We all share a look before breaking into a run down the hallway. Scott runs into the closet classroom. They start to push a desk in front of the door.

"Stop. Stop." I shake my head. "The desk won't keep it out."

"I know." Scott sighs, realising that it's useless.

Stiles walks back over to me. "It's your boss."

"What?" Scott asks, confused by the sudden change of topic.

"Deaton, the Alpha? Your boss." Stiles raises his voice, grabbing my hand once again.

"No." Scott and I reply

"Yes, murdering psycho werewolf." Stiles states, sticking to it.

"That can't be." Scott refuses to believe it.

"Oh, come on. He disappears and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek twenty feet through the air? That's not convenient timing?" Stiles explains.

Scott looks annoyed at Stiles still talking about this. "It's not him."

"Derek's dead and he was our one chance at surviving this." I back away from both of them, reality hitting me like a freight train.