Ch. 22 - Canuck Beaver

Start from the beginning

“Jackie?” his eyes sparkled with hope. Why does he want Jackie and I to be together so badly?

“Yeah… Jackie,” I whispered.

“You talked to her?”

I nodded.

“And what happened? I mean, she isn’t here now, did something go wrong?” he kept asking questions.

“No, things went fine, it’s just that… I told her that I’m still a busy guy and that I had to leave. She and Robin decided to go shopping anyway,” I shrugged.

“Wha-… Why didn’t you ask her on a date or something?” he pouted.

“Fredo..” I said in a warning tone, clenching my fists together.

“What? It would’ve been a good idea!” he protested.

“I’m with Alicia,” I growled lowly, and I internally slapped myself.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Didn’t I tell Jackie I’d like to try being with her? Didn’t I kiss her? Am I not supposed to make up my damn mind already? Don’t I want her to be mine?

“HOLD up,” Twist yelled, and for a minute there, I forgot he was even in the room. “You’re back with Alicia now?!”

“Yeah, didn’t you know?” I said casually.

“Ey good job bro, she’s hot as fuck,” he grinned.

“But you can’t have her,” I scoffed.

“Alright cool, cool, fair enough,” Twist chuckled in amusement. “Can I ask you the question I came here to ask you now?”

I sighed, running a hand through my hair in frustration. “Go ahead.”

“So it’s one of my homies’ birthday tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to come,” he said, practically batting his eyelashes at me. “Lil Za’s going too, if you were wondering.”

“I don’t see why not,” I nodded, before looking back over at Alfredo. “Do you wanna come with us?”

He shook his head, waving us off. “I’m not in the partying mood tonight.”

“You sure?” Twist asked. “He owns a nice, huge house and there’s going to be so many sexy ass ladies, if you know what I mean.”

“I’m pretty sure I wanna stay here, lay down and just watch a movie or something,” Fredo said before turning to face me. “You should too, Justin. Partying isn’t the most important thing in life, you know.”

“He already said he’d go,” Lil Twist interrupted, glaring at Alfredo. “He’s coming with me.”