Chapter Eighteen

After what happened in the car, Elena scrambled out and ran inside, not sending a glance back to where she left Kol but she knew he had left, probably to the nearest bar.

Knocking on the door, even though she practically lived there, she tried to calm herself. A smile was on her lips as the door opened and revealed Hayley Marshall holding baby Hope.

"Elena. You're back," Hayley breathed out as she looked the girl over before ushering her inside the house. Hayley had heard little detail on the Salvatore's kidnapping her, but was still relieved the doppelgänger was back, and safe. Maybe, just maybe, it would help solve the problem between Elijah and Klaus.

"Yeah. I'm here. How's everyone?" She asked, slightly on edge, but nonetheless kept her smile.

"See for yourself." Hayley replied, pushing open a door where all the Mikaelsons, with the exception of Kol and Finn stood.

Rebekah was seated on the couch, drinking a glass of blood while watching the scene infront of her. Niklaus had said something that seemed to of ticked the older Mikaelson off, instead of the 'Noble' brother remaining noble, he sped and pinned his younger brother against the wall, his forearm pressing against his brothers' throat.

"You really care for her, don't you, Elijah?" He coughs out, a mischievous smirk on his face. Rebekah seemed to now be more alert of what was happening when Klaus had switched roles, and was now the one who had  Elijah in same hold. Though, before the blonde original could act, Elena sped infront of Niklaus and pushed him off of Elijah. "Elena.." he trailed off, taking in her appearance.

Her shirt had been torn on the side, and there was a light dust covering her jeans, her hair was ruffed up a bit, her cheeks flushed pink, and her lips were a raw red.

"Would you like to explain, what is happening here?" Elena asked, her eyes hard as she stared at the hybrid.

"We had a bit of a disagreement love, nothing to worry about." Klaus answered vaguely, looking away from her gaze.

A slight scoff left her mouth with a barely audible, "unbelievable" before she turned to the other Original brother. "Are you okay, Elijah?" She asked genuinely and he nodded a gentle smile on his face.

"Are you? How did you get out?" The man in the suit asked, straightening out his suit as he stood taller.

A playful smile was on her lips, "a little scratched up, but I'm fine 'Lijah, I don't think Damon and Stefan will be a problem again."

Klaus jumped into the conversation, a glass of bourbon in his hand as he leaned against the fireplace. "And how did you manage to get away?"

A ghost of a smile was on her face as she remembered the events that occurred, "your brother. Kol? He uh-he found me and took me back."

"Kol?" Rebekah asked, finally joining the conversation. "Where is he? Why isn't he here?"

As the doppelgänger was about to respond a smirking Kol walked onto the room, looking over his siblings before asking, "why? Miss me?" His eyes stopping at a certain doppelgänger but she'd seem to look away as fast as possible.

Kol cleared his throat before walking farther into the room and taking a seat next to Rebekah.

"I-uh-I'm gonna go get a shower then sleep. I've had a long day," her eyes glancing at Kol before exiting the room, eyes following her as she went.

***

Elena was sitting up on her bed, combing through her damp brown hair when there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" She called out, setting the comb down.

Rebekah entered with a smile on her face. "Hey Lena, I'm sorry about what happened."

Elena waved her off, dismissively, "don't worry about it Bekah. It wasn't your fault. I'm back now, aren't I?"

Rebekah had tears in her eyes as she nodded her head, "I knew you would say something like that."

With that, the two hugged and Elena smiled at her as they broke apart. "I'm fine, okay? Do how has everything been?" She asked, recalling the events from earlier that evening.

"Rough. Nik acts like he doesn't care but I know he does, I can tell. And 'Lijah has missed you. I think Hope even realized you were gone." Rebekah spoke, a sad smile on her face, "but you're back. I know everything will he okay."

"I sure hope so." Elena muttered as Rebekah pulled her into another hug.

***

A/N

Another chapter! This wasn't that eventful, but we got some Rebekah and Elena going on. This isn't edited to excuse any grammar mistakes there might be.

What should happen next chapter? Anything you wanna see? Comment & Vote!

Word Count ➡ 802
Goal ➡ 16 votes & 12 comments

Love,

J