Chapter Sixteen

In the plantation house Klaus was in his study, drinking a whiskey when Elijah entered.

"Yes, brother?" He asked, slightly irritated.

"Niklaus, what are you doing?" He asks in shame. For days his brother had been sitting in his study, doing nothing.

"I'm having a drink brother, would you like one? Or have you come to remind me of my bastard ways? Even Elena enjoys your company more than mine." He rants, clearly upset and drunk.

"Niklaus I have had enough of this. I will not tolerate you sitting around doing nothing while the mother of your child struggles. You need to get over yourself, brother."

"Or you'll what Elijah? What will you do? Hmm? Take away what is mine?!" He exclaims, still slightly upset over what had gone done just days ago.

Flashback*

Elena and Elijah were sitting in the study, casually talking when a very drunk Niklaus comes stomping in.

Of course, being his paranoid self, the hybrid automatically did not like the fact they were together. He believed Elena was his, but boy was he wrong.

"Brother!" He shouts, barely standing properly. "What are you doing?"

"Nik!" Elena exclaimed worried as he wobbled and she quickly rushed to his side to help him. Angry, he pushed her away roughly.

"You stay away from me. You're using me! You are trying to-" his eyes were filled with rage as his mind convinced him the Petrova  doppelganger was only looking for trouble, looking to split the brothers up. Tatia had done it, along with Katerina. Why would Elena be any different?

"Niklaus" Elijah calls out in a warning tone, being the noble brother he felt as if he had the responsibility to keep his younger sibling in line.

But the hybrid hadn't paid his brother any mind as he stalked towards the brunette and crouched down to look at her.  "You're no different from them. All you doppelgangers-you're all the same," he spat out.

"You-you don't mean that Nik.." the doppelganger mutters as she frowns, a stray tear rolling down her cheek as she tries to convince herself he was just drunk. But every time she tried to push the negativity away- it came back stronger each time.

'He never really cared. He wouldn't care if I died' she thought. The earlier conversation that she overheard Klaus and Bonnie share instantly came to mind.

"I mean that exactly, sweetheart." The words he spat like poison, pushing away the regret he felt as he saw her frown deepen.

"Niklaus leave the girl alone."  Elijah said, placing a warning hand on his shoulder. Silently telling his brother to back off.

**end of flashback

"What the hero you must feel like Elijah." The hybrid said sarcastically.

"Niklaus, this is no time to be bringing up the past-"

"I thought it was the perfect time!" He grinned, but it was full of sarcasm.

"Would you two stop arguing? Elena is missing, we were out and-" Rebekah started to explain hurriedly before she was pushed against the wall by her half brother, Niklaus.

"What did you say? Where is she Rebekah!?" He shouted, his eyes flashing gold as he became angry and worried about the whereabouts of doppelganger.

"Niklaus please. Let her explain." The noble brother said calmly, no matter how much he wanted to act like his younger brother. Truth is, he was frightened, and angry but he couldn't act out.

"Well..." Rebekah began, a look of guilt on her beautiful face.

***

"You did what?!" Klaus shouted, angry with his younger sister.

"Elena thought it would be a good idea-" she tried to justify her actions. But even the blonde original knew she was partly to blame, and she felt terrible.

"Look, if the Salvatore's took Elena we just need to get her back." Elijah remained calm, as always. "It's the Salvatore's they can't keep her from us." He declared.

Both Rebekah and Niklaus sent him an unsure look. But neither decided to comment or object which reminded the elder of the two ask suddenly, "where's Kol?"

Looks like they have another problem on their hands.

Find an Original vampire with an extreme blood lust and rescue the girl they love.

Which will they do first?

****

A/N

Fun Fun Fun. Another chapter posted, and I should he updating "Patience, darling" later today.
(It's 1:48 a.m. where I am)

That being said, this chapter is EXTREMELY UNEDITED! I'M SORRY.

OKAY ADIOS,

_MrsAlaricSaltzman