Chapter Seventeen

"Stefan please. Let me go! Let me out of here, please!" Elena Gilbert banged on the metal door of the cell she was currently being held in, by the Salvatore brothers.

Stefan suddenly appeared through the bars with a saddened look, "you know I can't Elena."

"Yes, you can. You just won't because you think they compelled me," She argued back at him. She couldn't believe the Salvatore's would actually kidnap her. "They aren't compelling me, Stefan."

Stefan stared at her blankly, "how do you know that Elena? How do you know that they didn't?"

"Let's..let's say they did compel me, okay. Why? What use do I have to any of them Stefan? I'm a vampire so Nik can't use my blood to create hybrids-"

The younger Salvatore shot her a confused look, "Nik? Who's Nik? Wait..hybrids..You mean Klaus..?" He continued, piecing everything together.

She looked down, her cheeks flushed. Elena didn't mean to call him Nik infront of Stefan, but it's just a nickname, right?

"Stefan!" A familiar feminine voice yelled as she entered the Boarding house, she'd came as soon as she heard what the two had done.

The Gilbert girl had a hopeful look in her eyes as she yelled, "Bonnie we're in the basement!" She figured, if anyone would help, it would be her best friend.

Soon, Bonnie was down the stairs and her mouth dropped open as she saw Elena in the cell. "Stefan what are you doing?" She asked, in shock. 'What the hell were they thinking-locking her in a cell?!' She thought.

"I know it looks bad, but she's been compelled Bonnie. She could be dangerous. Klaus had her." He spoke, trying to reason with the witch but knew deep down that it wasn't an excuse.

"I know. And she hasn't been compelled Stefan." Crashing noises made the two stop talking, without a word Stefan vamp sped to where they were coming from.

Seconds later Kol was in the basement of the Boarding house, a smirk playing on his lips as he saw Elena, he opened the cell door easily. The infamous smirk not leaving his lips as he noticed the chains attached to her wrist and ankles. "Ooh. Kinky," her muttered as he proceeded forward, ripping the chains off of her. "Hello, darling."

"Kol." She gasped, wrapping the Original in a hug once she was free. Though the youngest Mikaelson didn't return the favour, you see he never really got showed that affection before.

A throat clearing caught her attention and Elena quickly unwrapped her arms from the dumbfounded vampire. "Bonnie, this is..this is Kol. Kol, my friend Bonnie."

Bonnie waved awkwardly and muttered a 'nice to meet you'  and then,  Stefan and Damon appeared. "Ah. What's with the gloomy faces gentlemen?" He chuckled, earning a grunt from the older Salvatore.  "Well, we'll be on our way then." Kol announced passively, attempting the leave the cell.

"I don't think so. We aren't letting you leave with Elena." Damon said, glancing at the beautiful vampire doppelgänger.

"Then I guess we're staying for dinner. 'Cause I'm not leaving without my princess, here." He said, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Damon," Elena wiggling out of Kol's grip and approaching the vampire, a slight frown was on his lips as he watched the scene.  "I love you. Okay?" She reminds him, putting a hand on his cold cheek. He closed his eyes, snuggling into her hand. "I'll always love you. Both of you. But I need to leave, get out of Mystic Falls. And you two need to stay here."

"Why?" Damon asked, opening his eyes and she sighed as his piercing blue eyes met her brown ones. "Why do you want to leave?"

"I-" she stuttered, her eyes watering slightly as she glances around the room. "I need to let you go Damon. You'll find someone else. I know you will, because like it or not. You're a good guy Damon. And you deserve the best."

"You are the best Elena. You are the reason why I'm good..without you I'll be-"

"You'll be fine without me Damon. You just need to let go. And maybe..maybe I'll see you both again. But right now-I have to leave." Stepping towards the green eyed Salvatore she smiled, tears in her eyes. "Stefan." She called, but he looked away, not wanting her to see him cry. "Stefan look at me, please." She begged, grabbing his hand in her own. Finally, he looked at her, red running his eyes.

"Don't leave Elena." He pleaded, knowing that he needed her. "Just stay here."

"I have to Stefan. And I need you to be strong. You have to keep everyone together Stefan. I know you can. It's who you are, Stefan." She paused, searching his green eyes, "you were my first love, and it was epic. But, sometimes the first doesn't last. I'll always love you, but I have to move on. And so do you." She finished by giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek before turning to Bonnie.

She had a small sad smile on her face, but wrapped her in a hug. As they broke away Elena sighed, depressing as this was. "Bonnie you can visit whenever you need to-"

A presence at the door cut her off, "what about me Elena?" The voice cracked, and Elena turned to see her other best friend, Caroline Forbes standing there with tears streaming down her face.

"Care!" She smiled, before wrapping her in a big hug. "I've missed you. Of course, you and Bonnie can come whenever you want. And Care?"

"Hmm?" She hummed wiping away her tears.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you get your emotions back on-"

"It's okay Elena. It's not your fault. Just be safe-wherever you go. Promise?" She asked, cutting her best friend off. Not mentioning the part where she was the one to get her emotions back on.

"I promise Care." She smiled brightly, giving a group hug to both Caroline and Bonnie before walking to Kol who was staring at his phone. "I love you all. Bye." She waved and with that, Kol gave her a look asking 'are you sure?' And as she gave him a nod, he held onto her waist and vamp sped out if the house.

****

A few hours later Kol and Elena were in a car, driving back to the plantation house where the Mikaelsons were all still planning on rescuing Elena.

"Thank you Kol." She broke the silence, and faced him.

"For what?" Kol asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Saving me. Caring." She listed off, a ghost of a smile on her lips.

"Anytime princess." He chuckled, a smirk on his lips.

She swatted his arm playfully, "I'm serious Kol. Thank you for Saving me."

He parked the car infront of the platoon house, turning towards Elena. "I will always save you Princess. You have my word." He whispered, and slowly she leaned in and planted a gentle kiss on his lips.

A/N

Heyyyy! I finally updated.

I'm so so sorry guys! I promised an update, what, last week? Ugh. I'm a terrible person. And this chapter isn't that good, but hey! I updated.

I actually just wrote this all today cause I'm a huge procrastinator.

Plus, it's like a double chapter so good job me.

Please, please, please give me feed back. Thank you, and good night. (Even though it's 11:21 a.m.)

Word Count ➡ 1,267
Goal ➡ 15 votes & 9 comments

XOXO

Justyna

P.S. this is extremely unedited