Chapter Eight

**Elena's POV**

We were in the study, telling the story of how Marcel and I had met. His hand was in mine as he explained it. "Then she had distracted him by kissing him, while staking him in the back. His look was priceless" he laughs. They all look at me with shocked faces, as if asking how I could do such a thing.

"Of course, my humanity was off." I butt in. I notice Klaus staring at our intertwined fingers and let Marcel's hand go.

"Big deal, she killed some vamps." Rebekah glared. "Not anything we haven't all done." She brushes all the stares off.

I roll my eyes. "Then he had come up, and asked if I was going to kill him too." I chuckle recalling the memory.

**flashback**

I had just killed yet another vampire who had stupidly thought I had been human, I heard someone clapping and I turned around to be faced with a vamp who I have never seen before. As I begin to approach him his hands go up in surrender. "Hey I'm not going to hurt you. Just promise you're not gonna hurt me." A knowing smirk was on his face and I had just stood there. How long has this guy been watching me? "I am surprised you just now ackowledged my presence. I have been here a while" a slight chuckle escapes his lips.

Well then, not creepy. Note the sarcasm. "Who are you?" I ask, ignoring his previous comments.

"I'm Marcel. And those vamps you so easily just killed, were my nightwalkers." He outstretched his hand for me to shake, I awkwardly accepted and he continued. "You know there are rules about killing vamps in my city." I raise a brow, challenging him.

"Your city? What makes this city yours?" I smirk. "Plus, they attacked me, thinking I was merely a helpless human."

He chuckles and shakes his head.
"Tell you what, I'll let you off easy, this one time." He warns me and I laugh. "Wanna get outta here?" I smirk and nod my head.

**end of flashback**

I wasn't going to tell them what exactly happened that night, something tells me that is not a good idea. "So, you two met in New Orleans, Elena killed a bunch of vampires, your vampires and now your best buds.?" Rebekah asked, clearly confused as to why we would be nice to each other.

"Pretty much." I pop the p. I look over at Klaus and Elijah.

"I didn't know you guys knew each other." Marcel speaks up staring at me intently and glancing at Klaus and Elijah.

"We didn't talk much when we met." I reply simply. Even though I wasn't lying to them, I still felt guilty for some unknown reason, and I could tell Marcel felt it too.

"Well Rebekah we should probably go now, it's getting late." I break the awkward silence.

**Rebekah's POV**

"Yeah, let's go get this over with." I say dryly, I didn't want to spend anymore time with her than needed, why Nik and Elijah were being do nice to her and letting her stay here beats me, but I was going to find out.

*******

We were on our way into the mall and I decided to ask her right now what she had wanted from us. "What do you want from us Elena?" I growl.

I may seem rude but no one messes with my family. "Wh-nothing." She stutters. She wants to do it the hard way, we'll do it the hard way.

"I'm going to ask you some questions and your going to tell me the truth." I compelled her, she wanted to do it the hard way. After she repeated what I said I began questioning her.

"What did you do to Nik?"

"Nothing, he just knows it was me who saved Hope." She replies and I gasp.

"You saved Hope?"

"Yes." She sighed and I rose my eyebrow n confusion.

"What are you doing n New Orleans?" I asked. "Why aren't you in Mystic Falls?"

"I needed somewhere to go, to get away after Damon and I broke up." I wondered why they broke up but decided it didn't really matter. I nodded.

"You are going to forget about me asking you questions and remember that you asked me to forgive you and I did." I compelled her, again.

A/N

Once again I changed it around a bit, hope you all don't mind. Vote if you like, **UNEDITED