Chapter Fifteen

*third person point of view

"I found her!" The Bennett witch announces, excitedly.

"I knew you could do it Bonnie! Thank you, so much." Elena smiles at her best friend.

Marcel stops pacing and speeds infront of Bonnie, planting a kiss on her cheek, which warms almost immediately, the vampire asks "where is she?"

"I-um-uh-I can take you there," the Bennett witch stutters, flustered.

"Lead the way," he smiles widely, not doubting the witch for a second. The one thing going through his head was 'I'm getting Dee back'. But for the hybrid who was lurking in the corner, his mind was on what he would do if the witch were to betray him.

***

In front of an old building on the outskirts of town the hybrid whispers a threat into the witches ear. "If this is a trick witch. I will kill you, after killing all of your little friends in Mystic Falls." A frown visibly makes its way upon the brunettes lips. She was sick of the threats coming from the original.

"I don't think Elena will be very happy with you, if you kill the people she cares about," the Bennett witch replies snarkily.

"You seem to forget I could easily compel them away forever. She wouldn't know." He replies, as if what the witch had said didn't effect him, truth is, it did. A lot. And he hated it, he couldn't have the doppelganger as a weakness. "Or..I could kill Elena too, if you prefer. I don't need her here. She saved my daughter, that's the only reason I allow the doppelganger life." The words felt like poison coming out of his mouth. Perhaps that is why he said them with a snarl and a scowl on his face.

Truth be told, the hybrid did have a heart, but only for a certain doppelganger. But no way would he believe that, or anyone else for that matter. He wasn't weak, and love is a vampires greatest weakness. Weak show mercy, and the hybrid never did that.

Little did Klaus know, the doppelganger heard every word that was said. Of course this upset her, she hated how he thought he could just compel her and everything would be fine. Elena hated how Klaus still continued to threaten her friends even after they were in a different place. While the doppelganger knew that it was stupid to think that he could have changed, she still wouldn't forget what he said. That it wouldn't effect him if she were to die. She was stupid to believe he would change his ways for her. Some girl who had the face of his past love.

***

"Dee!" Marcel exclaimed as he ran to her fragile body which was covered in blood.

"No, no! Get off of me! Please help. Get off of me!" She screamed, delirious.

"Sh sh, Dee it's Marcel, it's Marcel Davina. I found you. You're safe." The vampire tries to sooth the witch who had been through so much in the last 72 hours.

"Marcel?" She repeated hoarsely as a question before passing out.

Marcel easily lifted the girls body without saying a word, but it was easy to tell he was relieved they found her in time, but angry they hadn't found her sooner.

Before he left the old broken down building he mumbled a 'thank you' to Elena and Bonnie, sent Klaus a quick nod which he returned then sped out and back to the Compound were Josh helped take care of his best friend.

***

Back at the plantation house Elijah was sitting in the study reading when the doppelganger walked in.

"Hi." The doppelganger muttered but knew the original heard her.

"Hello Elena, is everything okay? Did finding Davina go well?" He questioned, curious as to why she hadn't been with his brother Niklaus.

"She's a bit shaken up, but we found her in time," Elena responds. "I wish I had someone like Marcel. To care, always. He loves her and it just-" she stops when she meets the eyes of Elijah who was looking at her questioningly.

"Did something happen, Miss Gilbert?" He asks, slightly worried of what Niklaus might have done.

"I'd rather not talk about it." She says, about to exit the room when Elijah suddenly speeds infront of her.

"Stay," he pleads. For The first time when Elena looked into his eyes she saw just how much he really did care for her, while his face had a small warm, gentle smile. His eyes held sadness, for what? She didn't know. But she knew she had to stay, for him.

*This is unedited

Done! Can you believe it? I finally updated. And honestly, I don't think this chapter is as good as I hoped it to be. But now you see the old part of Klaus returning and some action with Elijah and Elena. Do I have any Elejah fans here? I know a lot of you are rooting for Klena but you haven't seen my view on the other two ships. Which are of course Kolena and Elejah.

And I get it! I'm a huge Klena fan too. Now, random question. Have you ever re-watched tvd and seen that little spark between Klaus and Elena? Because sometimes I notice a little interest. No? Okay..