Chapter 14- Christmas*

The following morning, I was woken up by the Gryffindor boys in the common room. I rolled over, pressing my face into the pillow. "What is it now?"

Harry was the one to answer. "What do you mean, what is it now? It's Christmas, of course! Come down so we can open presents!"

I shot up, blood flowing up to my face. Splashing some water on my face and brushing my tangled hair back, I swathed myself in my silk bathrobe and went to join them. 

Ron and Harry were the only ones lounging by the fire. "Merry Christmas, boys. Is Neville gone already?"

"Yes, his grand-mum came by about an hour ago, at 6," Ron replied, sitting amongst his huge pile of teetering boxes. He ripped the first one open. 

Harry beckoned me over. "He didn't look very happy to leave."

I handed him his first, slightly lumpy package gently. "I don't think Christmas is Neville's favorite time of year."

Harry nodded once before he focused on the gift in his hands. Slowly, he tugged at the wrapping, trying not to tear it. Once he had extracted enough of the object to actually see it, his face lit up.

I grinned. "What is it, Harry?"

"A flute from Hagrid," he answered. "I think he crafted it himself."

Harry blew it gently, and we agreed it sounded a bit like an owl. I reached over to give him another of his presents, but he shook his head. "You first."

Feeling a twist of sorrow, I turned back to scan the corner for the present that belonged to me and was surprised to find a pile of three instead. Harry laughed as I brought them over, cradling them in my lap. "You didn't really think Hermione and I would forget you, did you Y/N?"

Tears welled up in my eyes as I picked up the smallish red gift. I looked up at Harry, blinking furiously.

"Thank you for doing this for me, Harry," I said thickly. "It means a lot."

He smiled at me shyly. I tore the paper off, letting the small object fall into my open palms with a gasp. They had given me a delicate silver locket, an intricate pattern of vines embossed across its smooth surface to form an S. I clicked it open, noticing it was empty.

"We thought you might like to choose the picture to go inside," he shrugged awkwardly.

I threw my arms around his neck, once again knocking his glasses half off his face. "It's the best, Harry, thank you so much!"

He reddened conspicuously, muttering, "What are you talking about? I don't know anything about jewelry, Hermione chose everything."

I giggled wetly, ruffling his black hair and shoving the biggest gift he had into his surprised arms. It was oddly lumpy as well, and somewhat flat. Out tumbled something fluid and silvery that fell to the floor in gleaming folds. There was a pause, and then:

"An Invisibility Cloak?" Ron asked loudly. A maroon hand-knitted sweater drooped, abandoned, from his limp fingers.

Harry gave me a confused gaze, picking up the cloak and running his fingers over it.

"I've heard of those," Ron continued. "They're really rare and really valuable. Try it on, Harry, go on!"

Harry obliged and Ron screamed in excitement. 

"It is! Look down!"

Harry tried to peer at his feet, but they were gone. Letting out a tiny yelp, he dashed over to the mirror by the door and examined his reflection. Sure enough, his head was there, complete with feverish green eyes and messy black hair... but it was suspended in mid-air, his body completely invisible. He pulled the Cloak over his head and his reflection vanished completely.