"Are you okay?" I ask.

He looks at the porridge and scoot closer to the table. "Yeah, just... I don't recall everything that happened."

"That doesn't matter, go eat first." I sit beside him.

He reaches out for the spoon and saw his bleeding hand wrapped in a gauze. He paused for a moment, his hand still mid-air.

"Y-yeah, I cleaned it up. I h-h-hope you don't mind." I nervously say, fiddling with my fingers as I look down.

"No, no." He says, then he starts to eat the soup.

When his soup was almost finished, I couldn't help but to watch him anymore. I wanted to know everything that happened, how he got those wounds, why he thought drinking could help, and if he remembers everything that happened a while ago.

"What were you thinking?" I said as he finishes the last bit of the soup. "Why do you think drinking would help you?"

"If you're going to nag at me," he says, plopping his back down to the couch. "Save it. I don't want to hear it."

"I just want to know what happened," I croaked. "I'm worried about you, I don't like seeing you like this."

"Why?" He says, looking at me. "It doesn't concern you, does it? It's my life, you don't have to care about it."

"But I do." I admitted without realizing the words that are coming out of my mouth. "Even though I try not to, I end up trying to care about you. When I saw you with that wound on your mouth, I-I..."

He cuts me off and started talking.

"My father... he..." He squeezed his eyes shut again, his fists turning into a rock. "He found out that I didn't take entrance exams and that I went to the field trip with you. He was so angry that when he saw the Maschine, he..."

He stopped and took a deep breath before he continued. "He threw it at me. I was lucky that I dodged, but he got even angrier and he started to beat it with a baseball bat. You know how much I wanted that thing."

My eyes started to shake in terror. "Did he hit you?"

"He slapped me." He touched his right cheek with his palm. "I have never been slapped that hard before. It left the wound here in my mouth, but I don't give a shit anymore."

"Yoongi." I whisper while I listen to him.

"I don't care, and I will continue to not care." He straightened his seat  and looked directly at me. His eyes pierced right through me. "That's why you should stay away from me. I'm not the type of person who can be a good friend. If you're smart, you'd stay away."

"What are you saying?!" I spat as I backed away. "You don't get to tell me who I want to be friends with. That's my own choice, that's my own decision."

"Don't be dumb." He looks away, shaking his head. "I'll never be a friend as good as you are."

"You're good the way you are." My voice breaking, realizing that tears has started to pour down my cheek again. "Stop pushing me away."

"I'm not, i'm asking you to pull away yourself."

"Yoongi!" I shout as more tears stained my cheeks. "Why are you being like this? Am I not good enough to be your friend? I'm sorry but as much as I want to grant your wish, I made a promise to you that I wouldn't give up on you and I'm-"

I couldn't continue. Something's blocking my chest that seemed to be connected to my throat. The heaviness i'm feeling had started to spread up everywhere in my body.

But then I felt a warm set of hands around me that made me shake in surprise. I opened my eyes and see that Yoongi is now embracing me, his hand patting my back. "I'm sorry. Stop crying now, Eunji..."

"Yoongi," I cried harder. "Please don't tell me to stay away from you anymore."

He didn't answer, but instead he hugged me tighter.

And that was a better answer than words.