17.0

The sun hasn't risen yet when I made it to the school. Several white big busses are parked in front of the school, and the waiting area is filled with excited students. I squeeze my way through the sea of people to get to our assigned meeting place. Our teacher's already taking attendance when I get there.

"Oh, Eunji." The teacher calls, putting a tick on her paper. "Do you know if Yuri's coming?"

"She's not here yet?" I ask, taking my phone from my bag. "I'll give her a call."

It's already 5:30, and we're leaving in 30 minutes. Knowing Yuri, she should probably be here already.

I begin calling her, her phone ringing a few times before she picks up.

"Yuri, where are you?" I say as soon as the dial tone ended.

"Eunji, my mom's giving birth right now!" She says in a happy voice. "I'm so sorry but this is so sudden, I won't be able to go with you. I'm very sorry, please forgive me."

"Really?!" I ask excitedly. "Aigoo, it's okay! I'll... i'll try to have fun without you. You take care of her, okay? Keep me updated."

"Of course, I will." She says. "I'm so sorry we wouldn't be able to spend our last fieldtrip together."

"Nonsense, we still have the retreat, silly." I remind her. "Go now, your mom probably needs you."

"Alright." I can hear her smiling even just by talking to her on the phone. "Take care, okay? Bye."

"Bye, i'll talk to you later."

I dropped the call with a gentle smile. I really was looking forward to this day but since Yuri can't come, i'll have to enjoy this day on my own.

"Teacher, she's not coming." I say.

"Why?" She asks, crossing out her name from the list. "Is there an emergency?"

"Yeah, but everything's fine."

"Okay, so we're just waiting for one more student and we can go inside our bus now." She says, clicking her per a couple of times.

I sighed and take a seat on one of the empty benches. Everyone's talking to their friends while i'm sitting here alone. This is going to be such a long day.

I looked at the items I brought with me today. A white sweater, a backpack with an umbrella, extra pair of shirt just in case I get my p.e. uniform dirty, and of course my wallet and earphones. It's going to be a two hour drive to Busan, and I at least need some sort of entertainment especially now that Yuri is not coming. In my bag is the video camera as well. I figured that even if Yoongi can't go, it would still be great if I could take some scenery shots.

The other students started to go to their assigned busses, leaving us to be the only class who's still stuck on the waiting area.

"Whatever, let's go now." The teacher says. "This kid's probably not coming."

I stand up from my seat and take my back pack and sweater with me, as well as my lunch box. This is the reason why I woke up at three in the morning today.

In this lunch box are a roll of gimbap cut into 8 pieces that I was craving for since last week, few slices of galbi, a rice that I formed into a cat head shape, and spinach with sesame oil in it. I also put a few of shredded carrots and steamed broccoli and two sausages that I made into octopus shapes.

It was a simple lunch box, but it did require some time to make especially because I made two of them.

I made lunch for Yuri as well, because if there's anyone who appreciates my cooking a lot, it would be Yuri.

And because she's not coming, I guess i'd be really full at the end of the day. This is going to be so much food for just myself. Oh well.

I could eat one for my lunch, and one for my dinner? Whatever, i'll figure it out.

What such a huge problem I have, while other people doesn't even have meals at all.

Yoongi.

I wonder what he's doing right now. He's probably still sleeping or he just got home from his job? I hope he's getting enough sleep. I hope he stops starving himself and get three meals today. I want him to be healthy, him being sick would be the last thing I would want.

I stopped walking midway, realizing my own thoughts. When did I ever start to care for him this way?

And have I cared for anyone else like this before?

I'm still hoping for him to come but since we're leaving now, I guess that means his father really did not let him come. I knew he wanted to, I could see it in his eyes and I can feel it. Why can't they let him enjoy this day for once?

Do they have a reason? Or am I just being selfish?

I continue to walk and enter the bus. I take the seat in the back, sitting beside the window. I've always sat beside the window because I like looking at the sceneries that we pass by. I place my backpack on top of the seat beside me. It's going to be my seat mate throughout the whole day.

I take out my earphones and plug it into my ears. They fit snuggly, allowing me to finally relax.

I'll just sleep on my way to Busan.

Good idea, right?

I close my eyes and lean my head against the window. I play the music from my usual playlist, and smile in pure bliss.

Thank goodness for music.

After a few moments, my earphones suddenly got pulled out of my ears harshly, making me open my eyes in annoyance.

"What the-" I pause as I see him standing in front of me, bringing nothing but his phone on his hand.

"Can you finally hear me now?" He says with a pissed expression, letting go of my earphones and it lands into my lap. "Move your things, the teacher won't let me sit beside her and this is the only spot left."

That's when I realized that maybe my day wouldn't be as bad as I imagined it would be.

Not now when Yoongi's here.