3.0

It's been two weeks since the teacher assigned our final course project.

Most of the people in the class at least know what to do or what to produce, mainly consisting of making light up cloud-like structures, doll houses, paintings and portraits. Hell, there's someone who's planning to make a treehouse.

I don't even know how a treehouse can resemble a dream, but whatever floats their boat, right?

At least they already planned out something.

Because Yoongi and I are still clueless on what we should do. I guess we could make a poem? And write it on a piece of fancy scented paper? Maybe even writing a short fictional story of someone trying to reach their dreams? Or maybe bake a cake that says dream on it?

Ugh. I know that all of these are stupid ideas, I know that. But I can't help it.

I should at least know what to do now. We only have four more months before the graduation, before it's due.

"Okay class," the teacher says, closing our discussion book. "You can spend the remaining class time to talk to your partners about the project."

And with that, everyone excitedly stood up from their seats and began talking. Chatters and conversations filled the whole room while I unconsciously find my way towards Yoongi, standing in front of his seat.

"So." I say, looking down at him. "Maybe you want to plan things out now?"

He looks up at me for a moment then shakes his head. "Believe me, Eunji. I want to, but there's really nothing that I could think of. And I have so much in my plate right now."

I deeply sighed in frustration as I take the empty seat beside his. "Just to remind you, this final project will make up 30% of our final grade."

"I know." He turns to me and shrugs as he nods. "But we have roughly four months to do it. That's more than enough."

"I get that." I explained. "But we should at least know what to do."

"Do you have any ideas?" He asks, raising his eyebrow at me. 

I shake my head. "No, but that's why I wanted to ask-"

"See? We're on the same boat." He says, sliding out his phone from his pocket. He flips his silver phone open and clicks the pad repeatedly, obviously texting someone. After that, he lays his phone in his desk, facing downwards.

After minutes of silence and awkwardness combined, I decided that this is all useless. I should really just start thinking on my own. I won't rely on him anymore. Whatever.

"You know what," I say as I stand up from my seat, crossing my arms. "I'm done, i'm not going to waste my time anym-"

"What if we make a short film?" He says, making me stop talking.

"A short film? About what?"

"You know, someone who has a dream. Anything related to a dream."

"Well, that is the theme of the project."

"I know." He nods as he stares out of the window. "It makes sense, right?"

"Do you have a video camera?" I ask, making sure that we can actually make it work. "Cause that's going to be essential for us."

"We could always borrow from the school."

"Okay, but what about the script?" I ask again, but before he can reply, the school bell suddenly rings.

"Okay, class. Make sure to do your assignments and I hope you have a good weekend. Keep studying!" The teacher says before she leaves the room.

Yoongi quickly takes out his black and white rubber shoes from his bag, and puts it on aggressively as he bends over on the floor, tightening the knot so much that it even made me uncomfortable just by watching it.

"Yoongi, what about the script?" I ask him again, reminding him.

"I wish I could answer you right now but," he pauses as he finishes putting his shoes on and stands up. "I got basketball practice."

So it's true... He doesn't go to prep school. He's in a basketball club. It wasn't just rumors.

As he was about to grab his phone from his desk, I instantly take it and unlocked it.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing. "Give it back."

"Text me over the weekend. We should already have a plan by Monday."

I typed my number as quickly as I could and named myself 'Eunji :)'. I hand it back to him as I met his gaze towards me. As our eyes met, he blinks twice before taking his phone back.

"Whatever." He says, leaving me in the classroom.