I hauled myself up onto the roof, sitting at the top and looking down on him.

"Look...Doctor...it was nice meeting you and all...but I really need to be alone right now," I said cautiously.

"Oh, right. Of course," He replied, looking down. He looked bothered by something, turning around slowly on his heel as of his feet were glued to the floor.

I waited until he was out of view before pulling myself to my feet and walking shakily over the loose wooden planks that made up the roof and to the edge. The wind roared in my ears, muffling the sounds of the city that lay beyond and instantly drying whatever tears were still on my cheeks.

The tips of my work out blue sneakers met the edge of the roof and the view of the long drop below sent my vision spiraling with momentary dizziness. I inched forward, the harsh winds sending shivers down my spine.

"I'm ready to die," I said shakily, although it came out as more of a reminder than a decision.

I barely heard a small noise behind me over the wind, a wheezing sound. Like some sort of dying marine animal. I stopped for a moment in confusion, but shook it off, telling myself it wouldn't matter in a few moments.

I took one last look at the vast view of  New York City in front of me, and closed my eyes, lifting out a foot to step off.

"Why do you want this?" A familiar voice asked from behind me. I turned towards its source, startled to see the Doctor standing there solemnly.

"Jeez, would you quit doing that?" I laughed slightly, although it came out as more of a sob, "How did you get up here so fast?"

He remained silent, looking at me expectantly for an answer to his previous question.

"W-want what?" I asked, playing dumb.

"To end your life. You're still so young, you have so much more to live for," Doctor said seriously, sitting down beside me on the edge. His feet dangled down beside mine, swinging comically back and forth.

I sighed and joined him, our feet nearly touching.

"You wouldn't understand," I said quietly.

"Trust me, I think I can relate," Doctor chuckled softly, his expression saddening. I saw something in his eyes, as if memories were being projected in them like pictures.

"You really do have a lot to live for. I've seen it."

He looked out calmly over the city.

I sighed heavily, preparing myself for the 'it gets better' speech, "Like what?"

The Doctor paused for a moment, his eyes lighting up with an idea. He glanced over at me excitedly, grinning almost mischievously.

"Let me show you."

"Ha. Yeah, you go ahead-" I began to scoff sarcastically, but I was cut off as he grabbed my hand, pulling me abruptly to my feet.

He led me across the roof until we were standing in front of the blue box I had seen earlier in the alleyway, it's bright blue color almost blinding in the sunlight seeping through the clouds.

"I-I don't remember this being up here..." I murmured as he unlocked the doors. I watched them creak open, darkness laying beyond them.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not going in there!"

"Why not?" Doctor frowned.

"It's too small!" I exclaimed in a duh-tone.

"Trust me," he said, stepping inside and out of my view.