Chapter 8

He was a pretty good way ahead of me before I got in the sky, but to a tigreign, that didn't matter, we were apparently very graceful in flight. I flew up to him, brushing against his side slightly, and then quickly got ahead of him, and did a back flip over him.

'Show off.' I heard him speak into my mind.

'Ha, I'm just playing, but your dragon looks wonderful, and very powerful.'

'What, you think being a descendant of the original doesn't come with a few perks?' He joked, then continued, 'But your tigreign is stunning, I have never seen anything so white, I don't think even snow could compare, you also look very graceful.'

'you've not seen anything yet.' Was my response, I then flew from behind him on his right, went between his wings as they went upwards, and over his left shoulder, it was like, I was just meant to be in the air, I loved the feel of flying, you felt completely weightless, lighter than a feather, no worries, not a care in the world, all that I felt in the wide open sky, was freedom.

'You two look wonderful together, even as your beasts.' Came his mom's cheery voice, she too was a dragon, a bluish grey one, with bright blue eyes, she was beautiful. Her wings, unlike Samael's whose resembled a bats, were feathery, and looked as light as a birds. Though she only had the back legs, her wings taking the place of her arms, and she was quite a bit smaller than him as well, though bigger than a ordinary dragon. She, however, didn't show power, but with my abilities, I could sense that she was indeed powerful, she was just so caring though, that you would never even notice it.

'Thank you, your dragon is beautiful, I just love the color blue, I've not really heard a whole lot about blue dragons though, I thought that the most of them were either gold or red.' I questioned. 

'Yes, and you would be correct, blue dragons are very rare indeed, we have the nearly lost ability to control two elements, typically, such as in my case, said elements are fire and ice.'

'Wow, you can control ice!? You have to show me!' I was mainly so excited because I had a huge obsession with ice cream, and being able to breathe the stuff would be like the best super power ever to me, I know, a bit childish, oh well.

'Okay then, slow up a bit, and I'll give you a show.' Was her cheery response, so, we did as she asked, she flew above us, I heard her inhale a deep breath, and when she let it out, snow followed, we were now being snowed on.

'Wow, this is incredible, I've never heard of a dragon being able to breathe snow! That's so awesome!' I was now just completely awed, I wish I had gotten a power like that.

'If you think that's cool, watch this one!' She then inhaled again, though this time deeper, and let it out ahead of us, rather than onto us, good thing too, because what came out that time, was giant spikes of ice, almost like ice shards, they looked like they could cut through almost anything! They erupted from her mouth like a deadly blizzard, and embedded themselves deep in a mountain ahead of us.

'Woah, too cool! I wish I got a power like that...' I stated, kinda sad that I couldn't kill someone with ice breath.

'Oh, you don't know? Sweetie, tigreigns can control magic as well, though theirs is sometimes a bit, different.'

'What, different how?' I asked, I didn't even know that tigreigns had magic until now.

'Well, as ours is only elemental, a few tigreigns throughout history, developed new abilities, yes most could control the elements, but a few could do other, strange things... There was one with the ability to make force fields, one who could control his aura, where our magic comes from, and make it surround him in a nearly impenetrable shell, and another who could literally draw power from the environment, really, there is no limit to YOUR power, you were a creation of both gods, our power is the one that is limited, the sun god placed a limit on us, so that none could ever take his throne.'