Chapter 4

Anna and I quickly rushed to her room, and to her closet, which, by the way, I think even the most seasoned hiker could have easily gotten lost in, now I see why she said it was better than going shopping, I'm almost certain she had a bigger selection than the mall. It took roughly an hour, but we found the perfect dress, and heels for the occasion, a sleek red dress, which came down just above my knee, with a heart shaped neckline, with short sleeves, and red heels to match, red was always my color, I also decided I would wear my necklace that I always wore, luckily, it was in my bag when I ran off. I took the clothes with me to my room, folded them neatly, and placed them in my bag for the next day, then went to bed after taking a nice, hot shower, only to be kept awake nearly the entire night by my stupid mind which had decided to play the 'what if?' game...

I awoke to the sound of someone trying to tear my door down, "Sasha, get up it's Thorn, I know you're in there!" He shouted from the other side of the door.

"Ugh, coming!" I yelled back as I drowsily wiped the sleep from my eyes. I got up, and put on a plain t-shirt and jeans, I would be changing out of them later anyways, no point in dressing up for a non-king. I rushed downstairs, to be greeted to the most wonderful smell of all, food. I grabbed toast, bacon, and eggs, and chowed down, alongside Thorn, who, might I add, ate like a psychotic pig who was half starved and had rabies. Once we finished our breakfast, it was time to head out, I grabbed my bag, and we ran out into the nearby forest, where we shifted into our were-beasts.

When I saw him, I almost gasped, he was even bigger than my tigreign form, though not by a whole lot, probably about three feet I'd say, his scales were a deep gold, almost red, and he had fur down his spine, and on the fronts of his legs, his wings now took the place of his arms, and they were even bigger than mine!

Just then, I heard Corina's voice, 'bigger, doesn't always mean stronger.'

'Wait, you're saying we could take him?' I asked.

'Yes, though it wouldn't be the easiest victory, we would indeed win.' Was her response, wow, just how strong was I?

'Hey, you just gonna stare all day, or are we gonna meet a king?' I heard Thorn ask through the mind link, though we weren't of the same pack, all were-beasts could communicate through the mind link, though doing so with a stranger is considered disrespectful, it can be a total invasion of privacy.

'Oh, yeah, but first I gotta return the key.' I replied, then flew off towards the motel I had planned to stay at, it only took maybe a minute of flying to reach it, wow, now using a vehicle even outside pack territory seemed pretty pointless. I landed just inside the forested area behind the motel, and shifted back into my human form, then slipped my clothes on, before jogging up to the counter, and checking the key back in.

Once I was back in the sky, I once again heard Thorn's voice, 'You know, you pretty much spent money on a room you didn't even use, right?'

My response was simply, 'Like I care? I used my dad's credit card, asshole deserved it.'

'Ha, heard that.'

The rest of the trip was mostly silent, or just idle chit chat every now and then, pretty much me asking him things about his life and him doing the same with me. We finally reached the dragons castle, which, by the way, was at the very top of a HUGE mountain, after about three hours of flight, needless to say, I was happy to rest my wings, though I did enjoy flying. I think it's gonna be a little while before I can actually walk without falling over, flying had the same effect on me as being on a boat did.

"This way." Stated Thorn after we were both dressed. I followed him through a large set of doors, this castle wasn't a whole lot like the one back at the pride, it seemed almost, darker. "Now remember, always look him in the eyes when he speaks to you, amongst most beasts, that is considered a challenge, but, with dragons, not looking them in the eye is considered a dis-respect. Never speak without being spoken to, and do not interrupt, got it?" I only shook my head, mostly because I was starting to feel, a little out of it, I started smelling the same scent that I had back at the prides castle, though here, it was stronger.