Chapter 20

I awoke the next day, to find myself still being held by my mate, the smell of sausage, bacon, and biscuits wafting into our room, it was then that I realized just how hungry I was. My stomach let out a loud growl, just as Sam began to stir.

"Charming." I heard him mumble, a huge smirk on his face, "let's go eat, I'm sure you're starving." He joked.

"Haha, very funny, I may have god like powers, but apparently that doesn't mean that I don't have to eat." I replied, my arms crossed over my chest, I was joking, but my stomach decided to give it's opinion for the second time.

"Come on, I'm sure the colony will let the king and queen skip in line." He joked as he pulled me out of the room, our fingers entwined as we walked the halls of his castle. For the first time, I was really kind of angry at how big it was, simply because it was making me take longer to get to food, if there was one thing I did well, it was eat. We finally made it to the dining hall, everyone making room for us to get our plates, and take a seat at our table, there were all sorts of people in here, elderly, to parents, to teens, and even children. The place was incredible, and so filled with life, it reminded me a bit of my old pack, but at the same time, I could tell that everyone here, was far more powerful than my old pack members.

"S-Samael, your highness?" A young girl, looking to be in her early twenties questioned. "U-umm, a few of my friends, and I, would like to meet the queen, if that is okay with you, my lord." The girl made sure not to break eye contact once, making me slightly envious, if someone rankless, hell, even if the beta, had done that to my father, he would have probably mauled them. Though I did remember that their customs were a bit different than mine were.

"Charolette? You're the daughter of one of the colonies doctors, right?" Sam questioned.

"Y-yes sir, Edmond." She replied, as she straightened her back a bit, seemingly less terrified.

"Edmond, he is a good man, and you seem like a nice girl," he then paused for a moment, before continuing, "yes, I think it would be good for Sasha to meet the rest of the colony, I've kept her cooped up for most of her time here, and that really isn't fair to anyone, you and your friends may sit with us if they so please, you are a very brave girl to address me directly, and I feel you will make a great warrior, or possibly a doctor one day." He smiled at the end, a genuine smile, I couldn't believe people had told so many tales about him being this cold blooded murderer. A lot of people had even gone far enough to say that he'd hurt his own colony before, killed hundreds of them because he was angry, how can people be so cruel?

'I can be cold at times, but I would never lay a finger on my own unless they do something to deserve it, her, approaching me directly, could have been a reason for punishment if I so chose, and she knew that, but wanted so badly to meet you, that she was willing to risk it, I would rather be nice to someone that brave, and truly earn their loyalty, than punish them, and gain their loyalty through fear.' Sam explained through our link.

'Wow, but, why is it a punishable offense, for her to approach you directly?' I questioned, as I was still a bit out of my element when it came to the rules in the dragon world.

'Because I, as king, am to attend to the more important details of the colony, if I were to spend my time with small talk and idle chit chat with an entire colony of dragons, just how much do you think would actually get done? How it normally works, is a rankless, which is what she classifies as, basically the omegas of a wolf pack, would take her issues or concerns to my third in command. If he couldn't resolve it, then he would hand it to my second in command, if he could not sort out the issue, and if I am absolutely needed, it would be sent to me. You, being the queen, means you would be working with my third in command, you will have a far stronger link with the colony than I do, thus making my link stronger with them as well.'

'Oh, so then it is kind of similar to a werewolf pack, though from where I was born of alpha blood, I would have been the alpha, and my mate would have worked with the third in command... Honestly, I kind of like being here better then, I am a people person, which is sorta weird given that I'm a tiger.' I joked.

'A winged tiger who has the ability to control magic, no less, you are quite the oddity, but I wouldn't have it any other way, I knew before we ever met, that you weren't a dragon, because of my link to you, but I wasn't able to tell exactly what you were until we met. You see dragons are born with a link to our other half, it is meant to keep us grounded, our emotions are far stronger than any other were beast out there, meaning we are more dangerous, not only because we are stronger and have magical abilities, but because we are easily manipulated, because of our stronger emotions, it is easier to turn a good dragon evil, than it is to turn a evil wolf good, where do you think humans got all their stories about evil dragons, snatching up beautiful princesses and burning down cities?'

'And here I thought that humans were a bunch of idiotic barbarians, who simply made up those things about dragons, but it isn't the dragons fault though, you guys just have less control, I've noticed even among the weaker dragons that they have less control than the werewolves, who, by the way, are serious rage aholics, so I know what having no emotional control looks like.'

Sam and I continued to speak through our link for the remainder of our meal, as our table filled with pack members, all intent on meeting me, a few of them asked questions, things like, "where'd you come from?" Or, "are you really a tigreign?" And it reminded me so much of home, the popular crowd never liked me there, but I was really popular among the nerds and outsiders, and the kids, I stuck up for anyone I saw getting bullied, to be honest not only did it feel good to do so, but I also thought of it as extra training, maybe that's why the popular kids didn't like me? Oh well, I left that life behind, and I'm never turning back, especially not when the fate of the world is at stake.