Chapter Forty Four

As soon as Baekhyun was left with his shoulders falling on the ground, Daehyun quickly moved his way to him. He tapped his shoulders to which Baekhyun just ignored, still straightly looking to where his husband and kids were going.

"Baekhyun, it's fine. You can go," Daehyun reminded once again.

Baekhyun finally looked at Daehyun when Chanyeol and the kids were out of his sight. He bit his lips, trying to prevent tears falling from his eyes. "I-I'm going."

"Baekhyun. . ." Daehyun squeezed his hands. "I'm sorry. I never thought of the repercussions of my actions. I should've noticed Chanyeol first. I'm really sorry for making you two fight thinking that the marriage is around the corner."

"It's okay," Baekhyun's voice broke. "The kids will surely make him feel at ease. At lease. . ." Baekhyun faked a smile. "Shall we go now?"

"Baekhyun, are you sure?"

"Yes."

"How about Chanyeol?"

Baekhyun's expression turned sadder. "I'll deal with him later."

"I don't want to ruin your marriage," Daehyun was about to announce that the bachelor's party for Baekhyun will be cancelled when Baekhyun squeezed his hands. "What?"

"I can't say no for this. You've already exerted effort. Besides, I need to refresh. I'm going to deal with Chanyeol later. I'm sure my husband will understand me. He just didn't saw this coming that's why he acted like that," Baekhyun smiled timidly.

Daehyun's mouth was gaping open for a moment before he messed Baekhyun's hair. "That's what married couples should do always. I'm glad you know that."

"What is that?" Baekhyun asked cluelessly, his usual self is coming back.

"Trust," Daehyun linked Baekhyun's arms on his. "I'm going to message Chanyeol later and I'll tell him my apology and I'll bring you home safe and unscathed."

"Sure, you said," and then they continued to the function room to where the party will be held. Baekhyun and Daehyun were welcomed by a loud noise coming inside the function room. Everyone on the department wherein Baekhyun joined were invited. They were about twenty people inside the function room.

"Look! Here's the soon-to-be Mrs. Park Chanyeol!" Baekhyun blushed with Jackson's announcement. "The night is young! Everyone, enjoy!"

Baekhyun remained seated on his chair while everyone is partying. He keeps on looking at his phone, waiting for Chanyeol's reply. He lifted his gaze up when a glass of wine was offered to him. He gladly accepted it. "Thanks."

Jackson nodded and then he joined Baekhyun while watching their co-workmates partying around. "Chanyeol never changed."

"Huh?" Baekhyun asked cluelessly taking a sip of his wine, it quickly drew a line on his throat. "Ahh. . . This is!"

Jackson chuckled, he then cheered with Baekhyun. "Well, you may not know this but your husband is a colleague of mine."

Baekhyun continued sipping his wine until he knocked the first glass. When a waiter was about to pass in their way, he made him stop and he took another glass of wine. "Really?"

"Yeah. He's really a hardworking person. You sure is lucky to have him as your husband," Baekhyun nodded. "He's still the agitated Chanyeol I knew back then but this time, he's matured physically."

Baekhyun played with the glass of wine. "But he's tolerable. I don't mind at all."

Jackson chuckled. "I don't know it's possible to see hearts in someone's eyes until I met you, Baekhyun. To compliment things, Chanyeol is luckier to have you. I hope you don't give up on my buddy even if he gets jealous easily."