Chapter Twenty Two

"Cut!" Director Wang stood up from his chair and went to Chanyeol. "You did a good job, Mr. Park," his smile turned wider when Shanshan wrapped an arm on Chanyeol's waist. "You two have a good chemistry. Why not give it a try?"

Shanshan smirked. "I'd love to. How about you, Yeol?" Chanyeol seems to be spacing out so Shanshan had to nudge him. "Earth to Chanyeol?"

"P-pardon?" Chanyeol scratches his eyes with the back of his hand. "Sorry. I'm just tired."

"It's okay," Shanshan linked her arms even more. "Do you want me to take you to your hotel room?"

"I can manage going home by myself. Thanks for the offer, though," Chanyeol removes Shanshan's arms on his waist. "Can I go home now?"

Director Wang nodded. "To your hotel room not Korea, understand?"

"Korea?" Shanshan's forehead creased. "Is there an emergency?"

"Nothing," Chanyeol fished for his phone inside his pockets and tried dialing Baekhyun's number again but he failed to reach him. "If you'll excuse me, I just want to leave already."

"Chanyeol, wait!" Shanshan held Chanyeol on his forearms. "Are you okay? You seemed to be off."

"I'm fine," once again, he removed Shanshan's arms. "I just need to rest."

"Chanyeol. . ." She ducks her head down, her voice pleading. "I-I like you."

"Mabel. . ." Called Chanyeol with Shanshan's screen name. "I'm not interested with you. I'm sorry."

"Why?" Shanshan asked with her eyes starting to water while Chanyeol brushed his hair with annoyance. He has many things on his mind right now. Shanshan confessing to him isn't helping. He doesn't care about it but he knows Shanshan will feel awkward towards him and it will prolong the filming days since they won't function as a team properly.

"Mabel, I'm in a relationship," he doesn't care about the repercussions anymore. He sacrificed a lot already, he even managed to ignore his boyfriend because of this shitty movie.

Shock is the only evidence on Shanshan's face. "B-but we're not allowed to be involved in a romantic relationship, r-right?"

"I know," he sighed. "But I've been into a relationship even before I signed the contract. I don't care if they will sue me big amount of money anymore. My life is screwed up now and this thing is making it more screwed up because I can't fix it. Damn."

"D-do you want me to talk to Director Wang?" Chanyeol shook his head. "Why?"

"Let's just finish filming as soon as possible. I've signed a contract and I'm not going to violate another rule again."

"You love her that much, huh?" Shanshan smiled bitterly.

"He's a he," Chanyeol absentmindedly smiled at the thought of his boyfriend.

"Oh. . ." Shanshan averted her gaze. "It's a guy. What's his name?"

"Byun Baekhyun," Shanshan never missed the spark on Chanyeol's eyes the moment he mentioned Baekhyun's name.

"Just by hearing his name, I know already how good he is," Shanshan patted Chanyeol's shoulders. "I hope I will have a chance to meet him in the future."

"I'll let you meet him once I finished fixing the mess I've made," Chanyeol took Shanshan's hands and pulled her for a hug. "Mabel, thank you for hearing me out."

"I won't take thank you as a payment, Yeol," she laughed. "Give me this night. Let's have a dinner. I wanted to know more about Baekhyun."

-