Hiroshi

-=Chapter 14=- -=Hiroshi=-

I fixed my collar and put on my tie. I looked at my big dark blue backpack next to my school bag on my desk. I glanced at my phone to check the time. 7 O'clock. Alright. I better get going. I grabbed my blue backpack, abandoning my school backpack on my cold, lonely desk. I saw Nishimura-san all perky.
"Are you ready?" She said with excitement.
I smiled and pushed her face away from me.
"Yea. Let's get going." I walked to the door, jerking on my shoes.
Nishimura-san stared at my backpack, with a puzzling look on her face.
"Why are you bringing that blue backpack" Nishimura-san question.
"Nothing important. Bye Hitomi. Bye mom" I said.
"Remember, the police are coming down here to ask us questions. So get home early." My mom said as she makes herself her own breakfast.
"...Okay." I opened the front door to our apartment.
Hitomi takes a scoop of her cereal and ate it. She waved bye at me and continued eating her breakfast.
I walked down stairs of the apartment and started walking to school. I started shivering down my back, I hate the cold... This is when the spirits are on the move because of Christmas. I don't mind helping them but it's just to much for me. I shudder more when a breeze of cold air brushed against my ears. Ugh... I really need a scarf...
"You look cold Himura-kun. Will you be okay? You shouldn't be going to school just yet. You just got discharged from the hospital" Nishimura-san said with a worried tone.
"I'm fine." I smiled softly. There's no need for her to worry. It's just a little breeze. She always bring a smile to my face when she worries about me, and makes my chest tense up. To go to school, I usually go left on 'Hoshi' road. But today, I'm going on the right of 'Hoshi' road.
"Where are you going? School is on the other side." Nishimura-san pointed back where the road leads to school.
I stayed quiet with a frown and continued walking.
"Himura-kun... Is there something your not telling me?" Nishimura-san stopped behind me. I stopped as well. I turned to her, the sunrise hides behind Nishimura-san transparent body. Her hair shines from the bright orange sun.

"I'm not going to school..." I muttered.
"Well I could see that!" She pouted. "Himura-kun. Please, tell me."
My lips over lap on each other, biting my bottom lip. I sighed, I pulled out a folded paper out of my jacket's pocket.
"What's this?" She questioned.
"A letter from my father."
Nishimura-san went silent.
"Before my father... Before he departed, he wrote me a letter. My father left me something important. It was very important to my father, so that makes it important to me." I clutched the paper in my hands. "If your not coming with me then I'll go by my self." I turned around and started walking.
"I know I can't stop you... So I'll go with you." She said.
I froze in place. I smiled.
"Let's go then. We're gonna miss the subway." I said.
Judging from Nishimura-san's spiritual energy. She's excited. But also worried. Together we both hurried to the station.

I ran into the subway train, just barely entering the train the doors closed on me. That was a close one. I took a breather. Hot sweat drops from my cold face. I sat down on the seats with Nishimura-san. The train took off with some speed, I look out of the window passing people. This feeling... Nishimura-san? No... I turned to Nishimura-san, she stares at a little boy that is staring right at us.
"Ah-" I was about to talk to the little boy but he disappeared.
"Himura-kun... That boy..." Nishimura-san muttered.
"Yea... I know..." I wish he didn't leave, I would like to help him in a way.

The train stopped in the station. Nishimura-san and I both got out. I looked at my father's map. Ha... I wonder wonder if I can find this Yamada, Hiroshi person. I followed the map, struggled a bit, but found the house. The house is light brown with a dark brown roof. I waited at the front of the house with Nishimura-san.
"What if that man isn't here no more. It has been years since your father had wrote that message." Nishimura-san said.
"Well there's only one way to find out." I walked into the front yard, infront of me was the door. I knocked at the door 3 times. "Excuse me, is Yamada, Hiroshi" there?" I heard glass bottles and cans rolling on the floor, footsteps was at the other side of the door. I see a brown eye from the eyewhole on the door.
"Scram kid. I'm busy." Said the man.
"Is this Yamada, Hiroshi?" I asked.
"Just go home. Don't you have school? Get going."
"I need help. And you're the only one I can get what I need." I said.
"Me? Ha! You've gotta be kidding me. What a joke." The man laughed.
"My name is Kazuki Himura. I am the son of Akira Himura. My father told me to go to you." I said.
Silence surrounds us. The door slowly opened, a man with a dirty white t-shirt and a red flannel and dark blue jeans and muscular arms appeared. He has a dirty short beard and bed hair.
"Did you say that Akira Himura is your... Father?" He questioned.
"Yes." I answered.
He stayed quiet. Am I bringing bad memories?
"You've grown up so much!" The guy hugged me tight that I can barely breathe.
"I-I can't b-breathe!" I cried out.
"Oh right." The guy let me go, the smell of beer was all over my body. "Sorry, the last time I saw you was when you were just a little baby. Anyway, let's go inside." The guy said.
"Uh... sure..." The guy and I walked into the house, closing the door in Nishimura-san face. "Nishimura-san..." I muttered.
She flew threw the door with an angry face.
"What?" Questioned the guy.
"N-Nothing..." So many cans and bottles of beers rolled all over the floor, being kicked by the man with the beard.
"Please, sit down." He pointed at a couch as he sits down on his personal tan chair.
"Uh.... No, I'm fine..." I said.
"You rather stand?" He laughed as he grabbed a can of beer, opened it and drank it.
This man...
"Yamada-san... I-"
"Just call me Hiroshi."
"Well.. Hiroshi... About my father..."
Hiroshi stopped drinking from his can.
"He told me I needed to see you." I grabbed the paper from my pocket and showed it to him.
He grabbed it and read it.
"He knew he was gonna die huh... Well he went to the wrong person to help." Hiroshi got up from his chair, and walked up stairs.
"Hey! Where are you going?" I shouted.
"I'm going to take a nap. Just go back home, or stay here. I don't care." He said as he enters into his come and closed his door.
"Tch. Dad you lied... This Hirohi isn't going to help me... He's some drunk." I muttered.
"Are you going to be okay?" questioned Nishimura-san.
"I don't know. But I'm gonna stay here till the Hiroshi that dad knows is here." I put my bag down. I looked around, all I see was beer cans and bottles everywhere. Instant ramen noodle cups and dirty plate were all over the living room. "How can this pig live like this?" I rolled up my sleeves and grabbed a trash bag from the floor. I started picking up the cans and beers, cleaning up the place.
"Do you need help?" Asked Nishimura-san.
"No I'm fine. And I don't think you can help me in that state." I said.
"Oh... Right." She laughed uncomfortably.
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that."
"No, your right." Nishimura-san said. "I'll just watch."
I nodded and continued cleaning up the living room. Sweeping, washing, picking up Hiroshi's crap (stuff), washing dishes from the kitchen, etc.

Day started turned to night. The house looks sparkly clean, kinda. I had to go to a grocery store and pick up some food for the both of us. I made spaghetti with some vegetables and garlic bread on the side.
Hiroshi got out of his room, walking downstairs and went into the kitchen.
"Wow, I had thought I slept walk into someone's else house for a moment there." He laughed. "Mmm! That smells good! Is that spaghetti! I want some!" He grabbed a plate from the side that I have already finished drying from washing the dishes.

We both sat down eating my dinner I had made.
"So, why did you stay here?" He questioned.
"You said I can stay if I wanted to, so I did. And my dad said I have to go to you." I said.
"But what about your mother, your sister. Aren't you supposed to be at home?"
"...I can't leave. Not while I'm this close." I have to stay. Dad told me to find this guy. My phone started ringing from my pocket. It's mom. I pressed the red button, as in hang up.
"Himura-kun. Why didn't you answer the phone? Your mom is probably worried." Said Nishimura-san from behind. "You also missed the police meeting at home."
"It's nothing. And I'm fine. I'm taking care of a low life that's all." I said quietly.
"Low life? Are you talking about me? Who are you talk to?" He questioned me on and on.
"Uh... I was... I was--" In the corner of my eye, I see the same little boy from the train standing next to Hiroshi. I dropped my fork onto the plate and got up fast.
The boy disappeared, I must've scared him off.
"What wrong?" Nishimura-san and Hiroshi looked at me.
"I... I-It's nothing." I just probably imagined it. I did cleaned all day, I must be tired. I got up and gave my plate to Hiroshi. "You can have the rest of my spaghetti. I'm going to sleep."
"Wait, you're actually gonna stay here for the night. Kid, you act just like your father. You both thinks you own my place." He laughed. "You even look like him."
"I-" I paused. "I look like my father?"
"Yea, you has his eyes, his looks, jeez. You could be his twin if he wasn't your dad." He stayed quiet for a moment, like he's thinking about something. "Well you can sleep in the guest room, it's next to my room. Night." He said.
"Yea." I walked out of the kitchen and went upstairs with my bag that he told me to be in. It's a good thing I cleaned up this place. I threw my bag in a corner of the room and layed down on the bed. My phone continued ringing, I turned it off and threw it onto my bag. "Nishimura-san. I saw that same little boy at the train again. He was here."
"You did? That's why you jumped."
"He probably needs me."
"He must be desperate to come this far, he entered to Hiroshi's home." Nishimura-san said.
"I don't know why, but I got a feeling that the boy and Hiroshi has a connection." I muttered. "Like a brotherly connection..."

By: Melanie Moreno