It's My Fault, Or Is It?

-=Chapter 2=- -=It's My Fault, Or Is It?=-

"So, I'm dead..."
"...Yes..."
"And you can see me?!" Nishimura waved her hands in front of me.
"Yes, I can see dead people. I was able to see them since when I was young..." I explained.
"Oh, I see... Now what am I supposed to do?" Nishimura looked at her body, policemen and the ambulance are on their way here.
"I don't know..."
"Why am I still here? I thought once we die, our souls go to the afterlife?!" Spat Nishimura-san.
"It seems like you have some things that you wanted to do, do you have any thing in mind?" I said showing no emotion.
"I-I don't know, I can't think of anything!" Nishimura-san starts to freak out.
"It's okay, you'll remember that later. You shouldn't think about it right now, it take time. Usually the spirits can't remember their last regards till later." I turned to look at my shoulder, some blood spots were on my sweater.
Nishimura-san's body was being taken by the policemen, they put her body in the ambulance.
"Himura-kun, I think I need to go, I'll stay with my body for now. I'll wait for my family..." Nishimura-san slowly floated to her body.
"Okay, if you need me, just follow my spiritual energy." As I waved bye to Nishimura-san, I took off my sweater and started cleaning the blood off my handkerchief. This isn't my first time experiencing someone's death...
-----------------------------
-=Flashbacks=-
-----------------------------
As I stare at my father with blood on his forehead. My father was shot in the head, I witnessed my father's death. He was shot by a madman.
"Hahahaha!" laughed the madman like a maniac.
"Daddy? D-Daddy? This can't happened, you said that you will stay with me, and have fun with me!" I fell on my knees crying.
"Now it's your turn to die you little damn brat!" The man pointed the gun at me with a freaky smile.
I can't move, I can't just leave my dad's body here...
"Run son, go!" said a familiar voice.
Who's voice is this? ...Father?"
"Run! I want you to live for me, so run, run away from here as fast as you can" said my father.
I looked up from here I am, I see my father smiling, reaching his hand for me. I pulled out my hand and reached to grabbed his hand. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up and turned me around.
"Run."
He pushed me and that made me started to run away. Tears started to form in my eyes.
"Daddy! Dad! Noo! I can't leave your body here! Noo!" I screamed. "Noooo!"
-----------------------------
-=Kazuki=-
-----------------------------
I wiped off the blood off my sweater hard, I hate seeing the color red, it reminds me of him. I continued walking home thinking how Nishimura-san lossed her life. I wonder if the police searched for her ID and called her parents...

I'm in front of my apartment door hesitating of opening the door. I reached out my hand to the door knob, how am I gonna explained this to Hitomi and mom. Once when I was about to open the door, I see Hitomi angrily.
"Hitomi..." I said.
"Kasuki...WHY THE HELL DID IT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO COME HOME!" Yelled Hitomi.
"Yea yea, sorry, it's just it happened again..." I walked into the apartment, taking off my shoes and leaving it on the side.
"Y-You did? What happened?" Exclaimed Hitomi.
"...I'm not in the mood...I'm gonna go to bed. Sorry but I'm not gonna make dinner tonight, you can make whatever you want for yourself, I'm not hungry..." I said with no emotion.
"What! So you're gonna starve to death?!"
I walked into my room and shut the door in front of my sister. I threw my school bag on the floor and took off my clothes and put on a white t-shirt and black sweatpants. I layed down on my bed, it's 6pm, and Nishimura-san died around 5:34. I put on my earphones and started to listen to music. I put my hand over my eyes, thinking about Nishimura-san. Why is she stuck in my head? It's not like she's the first ghost I seen.
My chest started to hurt. I used my other arm grabbing my shirt tightly near my heart.
It's not my fault that she died... I didn't do anything... No, that's right, I didn't do anything... I didn't bother to move and to save her life. Damn it! Why didn't I do anything! I'm so stupid! It's all my fault! Just like my father! It's my fault that he died too! Why do I end up like this! Damn it! I got up from my bed and I put my sweater and my shoes and walked out of the house. I walked around town continuing listening to my music. I continued hating on myself, cursing at myself of what I'd done. I'm at the same place where Nishimura-san died, police are investigating of what happened.
"So the young girl looked like she was murdered you say? And the person who was driving didn't stop or even slow down for the young girl to cross the road?" questioned the police officer.
"Yes sir. She was carrying a bag, but what was left in the bag was just torn up yarn." said a women.
I see... So the police officer is saying Nishimura-san was murdered purposely. I clenched my hands together. I want to find that person and kill him myself for what he done. What the hell am I saying! There's no way on earth I would kill someone. I can't commit a crime like that!
"Pttss! Himura-kun!" said a girl. "Ptttssss!"
"What!" I turned around and I see Nishimura-san hiding behind a light poll. The light poll turned on, it's like about 7 already, about to be fully dark. "W-What are you doing here?" I asked.
"What! You don't remember what you said! You said that I can go to you anytime! So I'm here!" Nishimura-san whispered loudly.
"Why are you whispering?" I questioned.
"Because people can't see me." She said.
I gave her a dumb look.
"You don't have to whisper, they can't see, nor hear you. And I should be the one whispering." I said.
People started to stare at me, thinking that I am talking to myself.
"Ah..Uh.." I grabbed Nishimura-san's hand and ran away.

We ended up at front of my apartment, this is the only place I could think of for us to talk alone. I opened the door and put my shoes away.
"I'm home...again...I'm gonna be in my room again." I walked past by my sister.
Hitomi is watching TV not paying any attention to me. I walked into my room and closed the door behind Nishimura-san. I sat down on my chair next to my study desk.
"Woah, Himura-kun, I didn't know that you play guitar!" Nishimura-san said with a surprised voice.
"Of course not, we barely even know each other." I gave her a look.
"Hehe, I know but it's still pretty cool!" Nishimura looked at her hands. "Hey! How come you can hold my hands?"
"Hmm? Oh, it's 'cause of my spiritual energy, it's pretty strong."
"Spiritual energy?" she questioned.
"Yea, you found me by sensing my spiritual energy. You also have it to. That's how come spirits gets attracted and follows me everywhere." I connected my phone to the charger.
"Oh I see! It's like the ghosts are moths and you are the light, we follow the strong light!" Nishimura-san smiled.
"S-sure...If you want to put it that way I guess." I looked at the clock on my shelf next to my bed, and it's 7:57. "Crap, it's almost time to go to bed..."
"What! You go to bed at 8? But that's early!" Nishimura looked like she wanted to talk more.
"Yea, I know. I go to bed early because I'm always so tired from school." I said.
"But you don't go to any clubs or do sports."
"It's not that, It's them..." I pointed outside of the window in my room.
Spirits are floating outside trying to get into my room.
"Are they attracted to you?" asked Nishimura-san.
"Not just me, my sister too. She can also see the dead, but her spiritual power isn't that strong like mine. Well not yet at least. We'll I'm gonna go to bed, so goodnight." I went to turn off the light in my room and put on my earphone to listen to my music. I jumped into bed and closed my eyes to sleep.
"Oh, okay, goodnight. Wait, he said that his sister can see spirits too. Hmmm..." Nishimura-san flew through my door to go to the living room.
-----------------------------
-=Kazuki's Dream=-
----------------------------
I continued running away from the madman, and leaving my father's body behind.
"Wait kid! I can't let you go! I need to kill you first!" said the madman as he's chasing me down.
"No! I won't let you!" I can hear police sirens.
"Look! Over there! A man is chasing after a kid! And he has a weapon!" yelled a police.
"Damn it!" The madman stopped chasing after me and ran away from the cops.
I stopped running as well, I crashed into a police, he's about on his low 30's.
"Kid, are you alright? Where's your father? Do you want me to call him for you?" said the man.
Tears came rushing out of my eyes, I couldn't see, it's too blurry. My tears just won't stop, the man had no idea what to do.
"Tsukino, there's a dead man over there... He's been shot on his head..." said a different police officer.
"W-What!" The man looked at me, feeling guilty.
"My dear son, please don't cry for me no more. There's nothing to be scared of no more." said my father, is spirit is right next to the man in front of me. "Please protect your mother for me, and your little sister as well. Be the best big brother. I'm sorry that I left you. I wish that I can spend more time with you but, it's time for me to go." My father started to float and glow brightly. "Goodbye Kazuki, become a great man" My father turned into white particles and floated up into the sky.
I continued to cry, but cried even harder.
"Father! Please don't leave me! Don't go! Please don't go! Father!"
-----------------------------
-=Present Time=-
----------------------------
"Please don't go..." I mumbled as I sleep.

By: Melanie Moreno