The Girl

-=Chapter 10=- -=The Girl=-

I stare out of my hospital room window. The bright orange and red autumn trees sparkle as the light from the sun shines down from the light blue sky. My door opened and my mother and sister walked into my room.
"Hey, can we come in?" asked mom as she walking in.
"Whoah! This place is sparkly clean!" Said Hitomi while searching around my room.
"Why do you bother asking me to come into my room if you've already walked in." I spat. "Why don't you two go home."
"You don't have to be rude you know." muttered Hitomi.
"I just want to be alone." I spat as I layed down on my back covering my face with my blanket in my bed.
Mom and Hitomi looked sad and looked at each other and started to leave my room.
"Fine, come on Hitomi. Your brother isn't feeling well." said mom.
"Okay. Man! And Lizzie wanted to talk to Kazuki. She wanted to know if this guy is feeling better." Hitomi and mom walked out of my room.
Nishimura-san... Wanted to... Talk to me?! I pulled the blanket off of me and stared at the ceiling. Why does she want to talk to me? She hates me now... I've broke our promise... My eyes started to get heavy, and slowly close my eyes.
----------------------------------
-=Kazuki's Dream=-
----------------------------------
"Mommy! Don't leave me!" cried a little girl.
A little girl? Where am I? I searched around and it looks like... I'm at the hospital. A little girl cries as her mother stays with her.
"I'm sorry. But you'll feel better in no time!" said the mother with a fake smile.
What's going on?!
"No! Don't leave me alone! No! Mommy!"

I opened my eyes quickly. What was that? Who was that little girl? What happened to her? I turned my head and I see Nishimura-san resting her head on my stomach while holding my hand. My face turned bright red and tried not to panic so I wont wake her up. Ah- I looked at her pale face, was she crying? I smiled gently and thought for a while. I got up slowly so I wake Nishimura-san and covered her with my blanket. I walked out of my room quietly and looked around. I walked to hallway to hallway searching. But what?I felt some sad energy near me. It feels like it's a child spirit. But this spirit feels different from all the other spirits that I've met. This spirit still feels alive. I turned and I see a women crying, and a child next to the women.
"Mommy. It's okay. I'm right here. There's no need to cry." said the little girl.
She looks like... That girl in my dream... She has light brown hair and light green eyes.The little girl saw me and looked surprised.
"Ah!" The little girl hid behind the crying women shyly. "Y-You can see me?" She asked.
I nodded my head yes and secretly told her to follow me.

The little girl and I walked into a area where the sick children play at. The little girl sat next to me swinging her feet back and forth happily.
"That women who I hid behind, that's my mommy." said the little girl.
I can see that. You both look alike.: I said with a smile.
"Mommy is very beautiful when she's smiling though." The little girl said with a smile.
"I bet so."
I looked at the children play happily with each other. This feels... Familiar... That day, when I played in the park with that girl in the park, that spirit.
"Hey!" Spat the girl.
I blinked and looked at the little girl.
"S-Sorry, I was just thinking about something.' i said as I gave her a small smile. "W-What is it?"
The girl glared at me and smiled.
"What's your name? My name is Yui Maki. And you are...?"
"My name is Kazuki Himura. It's a pleasure to meet you." i said with a smile.
"So why are you here?" Asked the girl name Yui.
"I uh... I had a... Should I tell her? I looked at Yui, she looks very curious. "I had a panic attack but I'm fine now." I spoke nervously.
"Oh, when do you go home?" Yui questioned.
"I think tomorrow. My doctor wants to make sure that I'm healthy enough to leave. This is not my first time being here from a panic attack though..." I mumbled.
Yui gave me a smile. But from her energy, she feels sad. She doesn't have to hide her feeling away from me.
"That's nice. At least your going home..." Yui stopped swinging her legs and looked down. "I-I think I'm going to die..." She mumbled.
I stared at her, she shoot with fear and sadness.
"I've been in this stupid hospital over two years now. I have a rare disease that I cannot move my legs nor my arms. I can't even pick up a pencil... Mommy took me to this hospital so I can get better, but lately... I've been getting worst..."
------------------------------------------------
-=Yui=- -=Yui's FlashBack=-
------------------------------------------------
"Is my daughter going to be okay?" said a familiar voice.
Mommy? Is that you? I slightly opened my heavy eyes finding myself in my hospital room laying down with tubes all over me. I see mommy talking to my doctor. What are they talking about?
"..." The doctor stayed quiet.
"Tell me! Is she going to be okay!? Please tell me that she's going to be fine!" Shouted mommy.
"I'm sorry ma'am. There's no telling of what's going to happen... I'm sorry..." apologize the Doctor.
"Why... Why does it have to my daughter... She did nothing wrong!" shouted my mommy.
"M-Mommy..." I mumbled.
Mommy and the doctor looked at me, and mommy held my hand tight.
"I-It's okay. Your going to be fine. I'll do whatever it takes to save you." cried mommy.
I gave mommy a small smile.
"Thank you mommy. I love you..." My eyes started to get heavy.
"I love you too!" cried mommy.
My eyes closed slowly, only hearing my mothers last words.
"No! Don't go! Yui! Yui!!!" Mommy cried and cried.
I opened my eyes seeing mommy crying on my bed.
"Mommy, I'm right he-" I see my body resting on my bed. I'm somehow breathing even though my soul is standing right here.
"What's going on?!" The doctor checked my body. "She's unconscious! Mr. Maki, please leave at once!" shouted the doctor.
"No! My daughter! I need to be with my daughter!" cried mommy as the doctor pushes her out of the room.
"Mommy! I'm right here! Listen to me!" I cried.
Mommy cried and cried. Until I realized that I'm in a coma, not knowing if I'll be able to open my eyes once again. I've been in a coma for about a year. My body rests and my spirit walks around this big hospital. I see many children being able to go home with their parents with big smiles, leaving me here all alone.
----------------------------------------
-=Kazuki=- -=Present=-
----------------------------------------
"And now, my body is resting, and here I am." she muttered.
No wonder why her spiritual energy feels different from other spirits. I thought about Yui and her mother.
"Do you want to talk to your mother again?" i asked.
"Yes! I do! I really want to talk to her like how we used to." She exclaimed.
I stood up from my seat as the lively children play.
"Then let's go so you can talk to her." I reached out my hand to Yui.
"But how!? She can't hear me!" Yui cried.
"Yes you can. Believe me." I said.
Yui's eyes widened and sparkled.
"Right!" Yui grabbed my hand with a smile.

I see the women crying sadly. I looked at Yui as she holds my hand. I gave a smile to Yui and walked to her mother.
"H-Hello?" I said nervously.
"Oh! Um hello! E-Excuse me..." Yui's mother wiped her tears away from her face with her handkerchief. "I'm sorry about that. Is there something you need?" She asked.
"Um... It's about your-"
Yui tugged my hand and nodded her head no. She smiled and I smiled to.
"Your daughter wants to talk to you." I said.
"What! Is she awake! Why didn't the doctor come and get me!" Yui's mother stood up panicking.
"N-No, she isn't awake." I said.
"Then how do you know if she want to talk to me?" She exclaimed.
"I can see her spirit." I said.
"No, y-you can't! You don't have the ability to see the dead! That full of bull!" Shouted the mother. "My daughter isn't dead!"
"Correct. She isn't dead. Yet, I can still see her in her spirit form even though she's in a coma." I said.
"That can't me. You're lying to me aren't you!" She exclaimed.
Yui tugged my hand again.
"Can I talk to her?" Yui asked.
I gave Yui a smile.
"Sure." I looked at Yui's mother. "Your daughter is going to speak to you." I said. "But I need your hand."
"Why...?"
"Just trust me."
"...Fine..." Yui's mother waited angrily.
"Now Yui. Go talk to your mom. It's okay." I said.
Yui walked to her mother.
"Mommy... I'm sorry for leaving you alone. I'm sorry for making you sad and making you cry... Mommy... I know that you've been working so hard for being able to let me stay here. So thank you for that." Yui smiled with tears in her eyes. "I love you mommy. You're my hero."
I repeated what Yui said. Yui's mother eyes widened and cried.
"This is Yui... My baby..." She cried.
"Mommy..." Yui hugged her mother while crying loudly.
"Y-Yui...? Is this you? You're so warm." Smiled Yui's mother.

"Thank you for allowing me to speak and feel my daughter once again." Yui's mother smiled.
"It's no problem. Yui is a brave little girl." I smiled at Yui.
Yui's eyes sparkled and hugged me.
"Thank you for allowing me to talk to mommy again." smiled Yui.
"If you need me, then talk to my mother. We both share the same spiritual energy." I said. "My mom volunteers here all the time, she also helps the spirits to talk to their love ones." I said.
"Okay!" Yui smiled happily. "Kazuki?"
"Yea?"
"When I wake up, and when I get bigger, can you marry me?!" Yui asked.
"Eh..." M-Marriage?! What! I looked at Yui, she looks like she's gonna cry if I tell her no. "S-Sure! Why not..." i gave Yui a fake smile.
"Okay! I better wake up soon!" She said all happily.
"Um, excuse me? Himura-kun? When Yui wakes up, I'll call you. I bet you will be the first person she wants to talk to." Yui's mother handed me her business card.
"Uh, sure. Thank you." I grabbed the card and put it on my pocket.
"Oh! I better get going!... Bye Yui. I'll be back." Said Yui's mother as she left.
"I've better walk with her. Bye Kazuki!" Yui left with her mother, leaving me alone.
I smiled lightly, I made someone happy again. Should I use my ability to help others? I turned around and I see Nishimura-san standing in the hallway looking right at me with a sad face.
"Nishimura-san..." I muttered.