Chapter 13

I put the last of the shopping bags in the trunk and get into the car.

I've been shopping for four hours now. Its my birthday today and Blake and Ryder wanted me to go shopping for a few hours so I'm relaxed when I get home.

I have no idea why they say that. I'm always relaxed. Okay maybe not all the time but I can't help it.
I shake the thoughts out of my head and start to drive home.

* * * * *
Once I get home I slam my car door shut and decide to get my bags later.

I unlock my door and step in. It was dark for some reason. Always at night they have the lights on. Their probably out.

I set my car keys down and reach for the light. When I flick it on I hear everybody scream.

"SURPRISE"everybody yells jumping out of everywhere in my living room.

I jump back a little then laugh.

"I have never ever had a surprise party before"I squeal. I cover my mouth instantly. Did I just squeal?

Oh what the hell its my birthday.

I notice everybody was here. The football team Ryder and his siblings and some other people.

My parents both give me hugs and let's me go have fun.

"Let the party begin"I yell grabbing a drink. Everybody cheers at this.

I go into the kitchen and find Clair eating some chips.

"Hey happy birthday girl"she squeals. I cover my ears and notice her come over to me and hug me.

I fake like I couldn't breathe but she keeps on hugging me anyway.

"Thanks Clair"I breathe out once she let's go of me. She chuckles and waves before walking back out to the living room.

I grab a Pepsi and walk back into the living room. Everybody was sitting down talking and laughing.

They all look up and smile. I smile back and sit beside Dylan.

Dylan flings his arm around my shoulder bringing me closer to him. I try to scoot away but he elbows me In the side causing me pain instantly. I give up and try to fake smile so no one would know.

It was working everybody didn't seem to notice but Ryder kept staring at me like he knew. I shift uncomfortably and Dylan seemed to notice.

He bends down near my ear.

"Stop and act like you love me or you'll get punishment after this party"he hisses into my ear.

I nod frantically and put on a smile. I couldn't tell you how much it hurt to do that. But I didn't want to get a punishment.

1 hour later
Dylan waves goodbye before going to the bathroom leaving me alone on the couch while everybody else was having fun.

I sigh and lay back. Ryder comes and sits beside me. He flashes a wide smile at me.

"So ash how's the party going for you?"he asks taking his hand in mine.

"Its great who thought of this?"

"Well maybe I did"he blushes. I punch his shoulder playfully.

"Who knew the fuckboy would be nice"I tease.

He shakes his head frustrated.

"You wanna dance ash?" I could hear the nervousness in his voice while saying this.

I nod and stand up yanking him with me.

I drag him to where my friends set up as the 'dance floor' and wrap my arms around his neck.

He wraps his arms around my waist pulling us closer.

I giggle and stare up into his eyes. His green eyes shining brightly.

"Ash you look so beautiful tonight"he murmurs leaning down and placing a kiss on my forehead.

I suck in a breathe and keep my eyes on his.

"You don't mean that. Your just my friend. And a friend always says that to make them feel better"I say uncomfortably.

I could see the hurt flash through his eyes. That's when I knew instantly I hurt him badly.

"I mean it and even if you don't believe it I really do"is all he says.
Before I could say anything else Ryder gets pulled away from me.

I look behind Ryder and see Dylan fuming with anger.

"Didn't I tell you not to kiss my girlfriend"Dylan yells in Ryder's face.

Ryder shrugs and takes a step back.

"I just kissed her forehead like a friend. Nothing more"he says.

"Yeah right. I know you like her. Your trying to steal her away from me"he snaps.

"No I'm not."

"You are a fucking bastard that's what you are trying to do all along"Dylan sneers.

This set off Ryder. At first he was only a few steps away from Dylan now he's only a few inches from him. 

"Say that again."

Dylan smirks and leans in closer.

"You are a fucking bastard." Ryder punches Dylan in the nose making him stumble back.

Dylan charges at Ryder at full speed. Dylan tackles Ryder to the ground and starts to throw punches left and right at Ryder.

It takes me a few minutes to get back into reality before realizing I had to stop them. 

I run over to them and try to pull Dylan off of him. Only earning a light punch to side from Dylan.

I knew he did it on purpose. I'm sick and tired of him doing this.

The next thing I knew I was using all my strength to pull Dylan off of Ryder. Once I got him pulled off of him I punched Dylan in the face as hard as I could.

This earned everybody to chuckle. I had forgotten we were at my birthday party.

"You idiots this was my birthday party. You couldn't stop hating each other for a second"I yell so loud that the whole house could hear me.

"But babe he-" I cut Dylan off.

"No buts. Get out Dylan NOW." He just gives Ryder a glare and storms out of the house.

Ryder whistles and rocks back and forth.

"Sit"I order. He nods and sits down. 

"I'm letting you off with a warning. If you ever do that again I'll make sure you don't have any legs left to stand with. Got it!"

He nods frantically. I smile and pat his chest.

"Good now let me go freshen up a bit"I say walking up the stairs.

I make it to the bathroom and close the door.

I try to turn around but someone stops me.

I get pushed up against the door.

I try to scream but the person covers my mouth. I start to sob.

"Don't cry baby. I'm just giving you a punishment for punching me"Dylan hisses in my ear.

I stop and my eyes go wide.

That's when I realized I did wrong. Now he's going to hurt me like he has never done before.