Chapter 10

I slam my car door shut and look through the parking lot for Ryder. I finally notice him. He was talking to some guys.

He notices me and waves me over. I casually walk over to them.

"Hey ash"Ryder says slinging his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey"I mumble.

"Guys this is my best friend Ashley halls"Ryder says to the guys.

They all nod and eye me up and down. I shift uncomfortably under their stare.

Ryder seems to notice because he says his goodbyes and leads me into the school.

He walks me to my first period and stops and hugs me.

"See you in sixth"he whispers in my ear softly.

I pull away and nod.

"Ms. Halls you can do that lovey dovey stuff later. Its time for class"Mrs. Henderson says.

Ryder gives her a apologetic look and waves goodbye before jetting off down the hall.

"And no running Mr. Waters"she yells at him. He slows down and shrugs before running again.

Mrs. Henderson rolls her eyes and closes the door. I go sit in my seat and prepare for the boring lesson ahead.
------------------------
It finally hit lunch and I was out the door for the cafeteria.

I walk in and notice Ryder sitting next to my usual seat at the football table.

I shake my head and go over and sit next to him. He grins sheepishly at me making me roll my eyes.

I take out my apple and try to take a bite out of it but Ryder takes it away from me.

I groan and try to take it back. But he moves it up higher. I groan even more.

"You shouldn't do that at the lunch table ash"he smirks.

"Shut the fuck up and give me my apple back"I almost scream.

He just chuckles and takes a bite out of it. I scoff and grab the apple. I take a bite out of it where he took a bite and slam it on the table.

"Did you just eat after each other"Aaron asks.

Me and Ryder look at each other weirdly then turn back to Aaron.

"I guess we did"I mumble.

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy it"Ryder teases.

I punch his arm making him wince in pain.

He rubs his arm and scoots away from me.

"Damn woman it was just a joke."

"I don't do jokes like that"I hiss.

"Okay sorry."

He holds his hands up in surrender.

I chuckle."Who knew the fuckboy would be sorry."

He rolls his eyes and leans back in his chair.

The guys look between us confused at what just happened.

"Um y'all fight like a married couple" Jordan snickers.

Me and Ryder glare at him and grabs fries off of Blake's tray and throws it at him.

He ducks but they still hit him. He groans and takes off his jersey leaving him shirtless. I hear all the girls gasp.

I just fake gag and throw him one of my dads shirts that I keep just in case this happens. I know it's weird but you never know.

He puts it on and runs his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah uh thanks but why do you have a guys shirt?"

I roll my eyes. "My dad makes me bring it just in case a guy does this."

Everybody busts out laughing.

"Alright I know its funny but for real this happened at my old school." Everybody starts to laugh even more.

I just roll my eyes and pull out my phone taking video of this. This is going to be a great memory.

After a few minutes they stop laughing and get back to chatting.

For the rest of lunch it was just us all messing around with each other.
-------------------
When the final bell rung I was already out the door. Ryder followed close behind me.

He didn't have his car today so I had to drive him home. I unlock my door and get in. Ryder doesn't get in right away in fact he stands there and crosses his arms.

I sigh and open the door for him. He gets in and flashes me a smile.
"Why thank. Such a gentleman"he teases.

"You call me a gentleman again I'll make sure you won't have a mouth"I hiss.

He sighs and shakes his head. He leans back in the seat and props his feet on the dashboard.

He closes his eyes and starts to hum softly. I join in on humming with him.

I notice him grin so I hum louder. He starts to hum louder as well. Sooner or later it turned to be a humming match.

He would get louder and so would I. Not to brag or anything but I think I was the best. About halfway through he was getting frustrated as hell. Which only made it better.

I get as loud as I could but he hums louder. I finally decided to give up and let him win this one.

He cheers when he hears me stop. I roll my eyes and pull up into his driveway.

I notice Clair and Charles play fighting in the yard. I stop the car and roll down my window.

"She hanging out with you again big bro"Clair asks.

Ryder shakes his head. "Nope not today but she wishes." I flip him off making Charles and Clair bust out laughing. 

Ryder scoffs and storms inside without saying goodbye.

"What no goodbye to your best friend"I call out.

"Nope"he calls back stubbornly.

I groan and wave goodbye to Charles and Clair.

I get in the car and drive home.

When I get home I notice a car in my yard. It looked familiar. I step out of my car and run up to my door.

I unlock it and step in.

"I'm home"I call out.

"In here babe"a familiar voice says. That's when i knew who it was.

It was my boyfriend Dylan. We've been dating for three years. I run into the living room to see him laying on the couch.

I smile like crazy and sit on his lap.

"I've missed you"I squeal. He chuckles and plants a kiss on my cheek.

"I've missed you to. How's the new school?"

"Great"I say sarcastically. He chuckles softly. God I've missed that sound.

"Babe I'm here now I'm staying for a week." I do a fist pump in the air.

He pulls me off his lap and stands up. He picks me up bridal style and starts up the stairs.

"Ready for the night of you life"he whispers sexily in my ear.

I nod anxiously and kiss his cheek. He continues to walk up the stairs until he reaches my room. He opens my door and closes it shut real quick.

I'm excited for the night to come.