Chapter Fourteen ⚜️ Prophecy

Chapter Fourteen

I stretched my exhausted bones, hearing the clicks all over my body. I roll my neck, shoulders and crack my knuckles to get some life back into them as they have cramped up. With a sigh of relief I get back to reading the history books. I feel my eyes droop from tiredness but I keep going; the same way it has been now for days. For the past week I have been relentlessly studying the books, nearly clearing out the library in the pack town. I have scoured every book, looking for anything to do with the wolves that killed my family. No where have I seen the description of them, those black wolves with red eyes.

I asked Link after I put Clary to sleep, but he had no idea. So he has been helping me scour every book out there. I have read, re-read god knows how many times the same books, looking for anything that can link them to the death of my family. The days pass by so fast, all blurring into one. I only take time out to eat, sleep or train and shower, any spare time is spent in the room I am in, surrounded by nothing but books and coffee.

Link had to leave to do 'Alpha Duties' he said to me, before promptly leaving the room with a lingering stair that left my body tingling. I have been alone now for a couple hours, yet for some reason I miss his presence. I feel empty, from the fact that I have gotten no closer to finding out what happened to my family, as there has been no recorded documents on them. There are black wolves yes, but never has there been wolves with red eyes.

I throw the book down on the bed with force and scream in frustration, "Argh! When will I find something huh? HUH?!"

I feel so much pent up anger as I am physically and mentally exhausted from the constant work. Link has been periodically taking breaks to return to his work as the Alpha; leaving me too mellow in my own thoughts. What is it going to take? To bring them to justice, when I cannot find anything? Nothing? When can I stop feeling so much anger and pain on the inside, when?

I throw off all the books on the bed and climb under the duvet. Light is falling now and I can't physically stay awake any longer. I feel my eyes droop, but I try to fight it. Why am I fighting? My body feels numb and I close my eyes.

I woke up in a palatial meadow dotted by petite, fragrant daisies. The sunshine centre smiles at me while a soft breeze ruffles the white petals. In awe, I turned around and saw a flock of little butterflies flitting around the  grass and dipping their tiny feet into a clear, bubbling stream. The sky was a deep blue and an occasional cloud would flutter across the heavens above. With a sigh, I wistfully stared upwards as the sun masks my face in its golden rays of glory. 

Elysian Fields.

They rejoice in the meadows of the land, the spring flowers blossoming around them. Daises, Poppy's and a vast array of colours blend into one, making a wave of rainbows crashing around their feet. As the trees sway and dance in the gentle breeze, I can hear my mother's voice, her soft and melodic voice. The voice that brings so much bliss, making the animals around us entranced. She is a magnet, drawing everything beautiful too her. Deers, butterflies and birds lay around her as she sings, the world stops.

I stand up and run toward them, my heart blossoming. I see them. My family.

My sister fly's in the meadow, like the angel she is. Her brown hair flutters around her as she giggles, making my heart warm of emotion. One day, I will fly with her in the meadow, we will laugh and sing until our lungs give out and our body grows tired. I will be the sister I was supposed to be. I will protect her this time. I will.

I wait to join them in the Elysian Fields? When? When can I go...please just let me go...

I wish to feel the embrace of my Dad, as his warm arms crush my body. It fills me with so much hope. I feel safe. For once in my life, I feel safe. For every step I take, they seem only further away.