8

"Namjoon."

"Yeah?"

"I figured it out."

"Figured out why you're still with Yoongi? Yeah, same."

"No, idiot. I figured out why we fight so much."

Namjoon looked up at Jimin from his book. Jimin had already been staring at him. Namjoon bookmarked his page, set it down on the coffee table, and gave Jimin his attention.

"Enlighten me, Park."

"We fight so much now because we still have 2 months worth of pent up frustration from two years ago."

Namjoon looked like he understood what his friend was saying. He kind of did, kind of didn't. The 2 months part, he knew about, but not the 2 year part. He had assumed that they solved it.

"What happened two years ago?"

"When Yoongi came back, he was different. We got into our first, real argument. Things were thrown and doors were slammed. The neighbors called the cops and Yoongi almost went to jail. They thought he was abusing me. Ha-"

"Was he?"

"No. But, having the cops show up at your house at seven am isn't the best way to start the morning."

"I thought you needed a fresh and healthy breakfast."

"No, you need a fresh and heavy vase cut your cheek."

Jimin traced the small scar that was still there. It was bigger at first, but shrunk over the years.

Jimin checked his phone; no new texts or missed calls. He had left Yoongi at home again to give him some thinking space for his work. The older promised that he wouldn't go to Druggie's house again.

Did I say druggie? Oops, I meant Jungkook.

No I didn't.

"Are you guys still going through this weird bittersweet feeling?"

Jimin turned his gaze away from his phone and back to Namjoon.

"I don't know. How can we stop this?"

"Talk about what each of you felt during those 2 months. Let it all out."

Jimin sighed and leaned against Namjoon. Long fingers ran through his hair and he closed his eyes.

He misses Yoongi.

"Should I go home then?"

"Yeah."

Jimin sighed yet again, and stood up from the chair. He set his empty tea cup into the sink, then made his way to Namjoon's front door. Said boy followed Jimin.

They hugged goodbye and parted ways.

"Yoongi?"

Jimin locked the door behind him and took off his shoes. He hung his keys up on the hook.

"In here, baby!"

Jimin followed the sound of his voice, which led him to their room. He smiled softly at the sight. Yoongi was hunched over a notebook, writing on it. Other papers were scattered around him, the laptop sat on the edge of the bed, like Yoongi's glasses sat on the edge of his nose before pushing them back up.

Jimin changed into a big t-shirt (Yoongi's) then pushed the laptop further onto the bed.

"It wasn't going to fall."

"You wouldn't be saying that while handing the person $250 for fixing it."

Yoongi looked up from the paper he was writing on. He pushed his glasses up on top of his head, staring at Jimin. He honestly thought Jimin was breath taking. He always has been.

Yoongi doesn't want 4 years to go to waste. He wants to add onto that. He wants 4 to turn into 8.

8 into 12.

12 into 16.

Yoongi doesn't want to lose the greatest blessing of his life.

"What are you thinking about?"

Yoongi came back into the real world. He smiled and grabbed Jimin's small hand in his. His thumb rubbed over Jimin's knuckles in a soothing manner.

"You."

"What about me?"

"After all these years your beauty still manages to take my breath away. I want it to continue."

"For how long?"

"When we hit the double digits. And then some."

"That's a long time."

"Exactly."

Jimin covered Yoongi's hand with his other one. He liked the sound of being with Yoongi for a long time. It excited, yet scared Jimin.

They're still arguing and who knows if they'll be able to fix it by the time 'a long time' comes around. Both boys have a lot of shit to discuss.

"Come to bed."

Jimin tugged on Yoongi's hand, trying to pull him down onto the soft pillows. Yoongi shook his head and perched his glasses back on to the bridge of his nose.

"I have work to finish. And it's only 9:30. Are you tired, baby?"

Jimin snuggled into the covers and buried his face into the pillows. He made a noise of agreement and let out a long breath. Why did he get so tired so early?

"So tired. Please, Yoongi, come lay with me. When I fall asleep you can finish your work."

Jimin and Yoongi both knew Yoongi wouldn't be able to say no. So, that's why he agreed and set every thing on the floor. He laid back and Jimin immediately snuggled into his chest. Yoongi wrapped his arms around the small boy tightly.

Jimin had already felt his eyes drooping. He didn't care that he was already falling asleep, he only cared that he was in his lover's arms, safe and sound.

Yoongi, on the other hand, cared that he was falling asleep, too. He had a lot of paperwork to finish by tomorrow. But, as he looked down at a half sleeping Jimin, he found himself slowly not caring. All his troubles and worries floated away into thin air.

"I love you, Yoongi."

"I love you, Jimin."